macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xulopoe
    Need help in remixing in Logic.
    Hi, Wanted to pick the brains of the experts here as to how to remix a song in Logic. My main concern is vocals, and not so much the music. For the song I'm doing, I have all the vocals (Acapella), and I was able to figure out the original tempo (84 bpm). I went ahead and dropped in the first verse, and layed a simple drum loop underneath it to edit to the groove. I'm planning on doing the remix at 104 bpm. I proceeded to break the verse into separate phrases, and then used the region to locator function to fit the phrases into a specific bar length. I also own Melodyne, so I loaded that up and after pitch fixing, I used its quantize function. The results are not bad, but I'm wondering if there are better methods for doing this! This is my first time doing this, so I'm sure I'm making some rookie mistakes. Looking forward to hearing other methods. I realize I can also do this in Live, but I'm trying to keep everything in Logic, and use that as the main remixing tool. John
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: