macProVideo.com
Forums
  • manaus
    install logic8 content on external + iMac & MacBook
    Hullo everybody, Im wondering if I could install on an external drive logic8 many many gigas of contents and use it with both iMac & MacBook, in order to save some space. If yes, can you plese tell me how? Sorry if my question has very little to do with your tutorials, but ... here I go.... thanks in advance, love from rome!!!! manaus
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: install logic8 content on external + iMac & MacBook
    Hi Manaus yes you can. Select 'custom' install from the the Logic Studio Installation dvd and choose where to install the content. You must install Logic 8 on your internal drive though. The effects etc can easily be placed on an external drive. the installation process will guide and ask you what you want to install and where to. Please don't be sorry for asking a question, that's what we are here for! If you have any more questions do let us know. Cheers Rounik btw, Roma e un cita piu bella!
  • manaus
    So, after installing it on my iMac and the contents on a external LaCie D2, when I then install logic Studio on my MacBook do I have an option to tell logic that the contents are already on the LaCie??? Of course I will have to switch the external to the one I'm going to use at time, maybe is not a good idea have to switch all the times, on the other hand having too many external and their relative cables it's a pain in the ... Any suggestion? thanks 4 your quick answer and everything else...!! love from roma manaus
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey manaus when you install logic on your macbook have your lacie plugged in and chose custom install. Then follow the installation procedure. You should be able to select just Logic and as many or few options to install on your internal drive as you want. I'm not able to try out what you are doing exactly, but in theory Logic should be able to find your apple loops if you drag re-index them by dragging their folder from the finder on top of the loop browser. spero tutto bene! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: