macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rasydye
    space issue with importing samples into EXS24
    i'm going to import about 30G samples into EXS24 and there is no enough space on my native harddrive. could i store all the samples in exs24 on an external hard drive? i'm afraid if i change the path, some issues will prevent me using hte sampler normally. i think it's a common issue of expanding sample library. thanks for any helps! best cx
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: space issue with importing samples into EXS24
    Hi cx Do the samples already contain EXS24 instrument files? If you're simply putting 30GB of wav, aiff, apple loop samples on to your machine which you want to be able to use in EXS24 later, then copy them/install them on your external HD no problem. If these samples contain exs24 instruments then create an alias for each sampler instrument folder and place it in: ~Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments Let us know if you need any more help. Thanks Rounik
  • Rasydye
    hi, Rounik, thanks a lot for your prompt reply. the samples i'm going to install aare from Eastwest, not native exs24 files. what extra steps i need to take then? i have all my apple loops installed in the external harddrive already and they work fine. i'm just wondering if i can do the same with samples. thanks for any illuminations! cx
  • Rounik Admin
    hi cx if they're just normal audio files and not in exs24 format then place them on your external HD and create exs24 sample instruments from the instrument editor within exs24. :-)
  • Rasydye
    thanks, Rounik. if i'm right, i need to keep the sample files and the sample instrument folder in the same external harddrive to make it work. if so, my current problems is that i don't know how to make the sample instrument folder on the external hard drive. would you give me some step by step instruction? lots of thanks!! cx
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi cx, for Logic's factory samples and samples instruments, you're right they need to be able to link to each other and therefore need to be on the same drive. If you wanted to move the exs factory samples and sampler instruments then do this: 1. Quit Logic. 2. Go to HD / Library / Application support / Logic / 3. Move the sampler Instruments folder and EXS Factory Samples folder to your external HD. 4. Go back to the above folder. 5. Create an alias of the two folders from the external HD and put them in the above folder path in (2.) 6. (To create an alias: Option - Command - drag the file or folder and place in new location) ------ If you're creating your own sampler instruments which id what I think your aim is, then from my experience you don't need to place the sampler instruments folder and the samples on the same drive. The sampler instruments files are very small and won't take up any serious space on your internal HD. 1. Place the samples in a folder of your choice on an external HD 2. In Logic open EXS24 and click on [i]edit[i] 3. Create a new instrument & place an audio file from the ext. HD on a new zone. 4. Save it in a new sub-folder within the Sampler Instruments folder. 5. You're good to go! Rounik
  • Rasydye
    hi, Rounik, thank you so much for you very detailed and thoughtful instruction! iwill let you know how it goes... thanks and happy chinese new year cx
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: