macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mylespower
    some key commands not working (this must be a quick fix)
    Hi all... NONE of my key commands work at first only the ctrl + [key commands] weren't working.... then i selected "initialize all key commands" from the options menu of the key commands window and now NONE of my key commands work i have a session with an artist tomorrow!! please please PLEASE help! the shortcuts do show up in the key commands window please help
  • Wantless
    Re: some key commands not working (this must be a quick fix)
    Is it possible that one of your modifier keys (command, option, control, etc.) is not working? What version of Logic are you using? Have you recently applied any updates? B
  • mylespower
    re read my first post..... i now have an even worse situation.... NONE of my key commands are workign using Logic 7
  • Wantless
    Do key commands work as expected in the finder and/or other applications? Also: It is a long shot, but open your system preferences from the finder and select the "Keyboard & Mouse" preference pane. Then click "Keyboard". Then at the bottom of that pane, click "Modifier Keys..". Then make sure they are all properly assigned. B.
  • mylespower
    yeah they all work fine in any other program
  • Wantless
    Try running the "Logic Setup Assistant" (from the Logic Pro Menu I think, no dongle w/ me) and have it set you back up with the default key commands.
  • mylespower
    thank you brian. now my key commands work except for the ones that require [ctrl] if you find out anything about the ctrl key commands not working it would be much appreciated thanks again though brian.... atleast i have most of my commands still available...
  • Cajypiu
    The other thing would be to trash the prefs. When things go a bit skew wiffy behaviour wise, trash em and effectively it's like running logic for the first time again. Back them up before you do though! library/preferences/logic/com.apple.logic.pro
  • Wantless
    And you are sure that your control key is working? Also, is this an Apple Keyboard?
  • mylespower
    yeah... its the keyboard that came with my mac i've got a g5 power mac tower i just tried using some key commands that use "ctrl" in other programs and they work fine..... i tried reseting the key commands prefs in the system prefs panel no luck having all the keyboard commands available in logic is crucial to max efficiency which is what us producers all strive for....
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: