macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mylespower
    Re: some key commands not working (this must be a quick fix)
    YADJ: tried... still no luck but thanks for the tip
  • Christian L
    That's odd. Do you have any 3rd party [i]hot keys[/i] software like QuicKeys X that could cause conflicts ? Also try assigning a Key Command using " Learn by Key Position" instead.
  • mylespower
    you're right... christian. it is so strange i am at a complete loss here... it could be from a 3rd party software... and if it was... it would be running in the background... when i open up "activity monitor" in mac utilities... there is a list of processes... but im not sure which ones i can turn off without messing things up or can i disable all of them except logic?
  • Christian L
    [quote:6706] or can i disable all of them except logic?[/quote] These processes are important to your Mac, do not stop them. I was talking about a 3rd party "hot keyz" app you could have installed that could cause conflicts with the control key. This kind of apps runs in the background and lets you assign shortcuts or "key commands" for launching apps, etc. You would know if you had one installed. Would you mind exporting your key commands and uploading them on the forum using [url]http://www.sendspace.com[/url] to let me check them out ? Thanks!
  • mylespower
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/vqc653
  • Christian L
    Thanks. I checked the file and everything looks fine. Do you have another account on your Mac ? Log to a different user account, start Logic and try your key commands. (If you have 3rd party plugins, Logic will probably scan them at startup... you can safely abort the process to save time).
  • mylespower
    its really weird... but anyway.. i just got logic 8 and all of those non functioning key commands work just fine....now that im using logic 8 mac really hasn't really demonstrated their ability to integrate the new OS without disrupting people's lives.... i've had numerous other problems since installing leopard... but things are starting to smooth themselves out as i continue to upgrade. im still a mac lover regardless... don't know where i would be without my 2 macs, iphone and .mac account ;)
  • Cajypiu
    one thing I just thought of and it could be completely irrelevant, well it is now you're up and running again, but have you checked your fonts? Have you, by any chance, installed the new Microsoft Office on your computer? A colleague of mine did and it stuffed up his Mail, Safari and generally, any package that functioned using Microsoft fonts, or accessed them. It also affected modifier keys. Just a thought.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: