macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DM
    GM midi loops in Logic question
    Hello, While I'm learning to program good patterns in UB, I wanted to get some Groove Monkey GM midi loops and have UB play them. I would like to have them available in the Loop browser and be able to audition them like the Apple loops. Would the process be to convert each GM loop into an Apple loop in the Apply Loop Utility (and catalog them) in order for them to show up in the loop browser and be able to be auditioned? BTW, the MacProVideo UB tutorial is super good. I'm so very glad I have it. I love UB. Thanks much, DM
  • Christian L
    Re: GM midi loops in Logic question
    To add a green Apple Loop to the browser, use Region > Add to Apple Loops Library for each loop in the arrange window. Take care!
  • DM
    Hi Christian, Thank you for the reply! That is great news, very handy to know. I love it. I have a follow up question. If the loops package I buy has 3000 loops in it, I'd love to have all those loops in a folder on my HD, then be able to see them in their own folder in the loop browser. (these are all green loops). Is there an easy way to get the whole folder into the loops browser in one shot and have them show up in their own folder there rather than adding one loop at a time from the region? If not, is there a way to create a new folder in the loop browser and when you add a loop from the arrange window have it go into that folder? I am a manual reader but couldn't find this information in there. If you happen to know where this is in the manual I would love to know that too. Don't go to any trouble though. I really appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions. Thanks! DM
  • Christian L
    It's only possible to batch process blue appleloops with the apple loop utility. Unfortunately, I don't know any way to do the same with green appleloops. The only way I know is to do it one by one with Region > Add to Apple Loops Library. Be sure to tag the loops with the proper descriptors (Guitars, Percussion, Drums, etc). When you do this, the loops will be added to ~/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops. After importing all your loops, it's possible to reorganize them with folders. To do this, create new folders in ~/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops , drag the loops in them and reindex the Apple Loops browser. I explained how to do this in this thread : [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=3111&sid=#3119[/url]
  • DM
    Thanks a lot Christian. :) Susan
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: