macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DUBSATIVA
    HOW TO DO THE AIR EFFECT SOUNDS IN PROGRESSIVE SONGS
    HI, I was wondering how do you produce those air sounds effects in the electronic music using Logic.. It is usually used in tribal/progressive tracks, after a breakdown of the song. The air sound is like wind blowing, and it rises and rises until the breakdown stops and the songs starts again. Is there a way of producing this effect using any of Logics synths? Thanks a lot in advance. DUBSATIVA
  • Christian L
    Re: HOW TO DO THE AIR EFFECT SOUNDS IN PROGRESSIVE SONGS
    Do you mean a white noise filter sweep ? I usually do this kind of FX using with Logic's ESP synth. 1-Load up the ESP synth on a software instrument track. 2-Turn off the first 5 sliders and turn up the last "Noise" one. 3-Turn up the "S" sustain slider (in the ADSR section at the right of the ESP interface). 4-Turn down the Filter Frequency. 5-Turn up the resonance to taste. 6-Play a sustained note and automate the filter Frequency parameter. Tell me if it's the kind of effect you're looking for.
  • Damicon
    Re: AIR EFFECTS SOUND EFFECT -TRY THIS
    I Agree with the "white Noise" post, but to get some really cool and original "breathy" sweeps, solo a track with a noise that has a sharp attack and quick decay, like a snare drum, gun shot, or try other noises. Add a long tail , very "wet" reverb to it, something with a long decay or lots of reflections, you can try a hundred different settings with this as well, bounce the soloed sound with the reverb, leaving lots of room for the reverb to decay completely, and after you've gotten the new audio file, paste the region in your track, then open it up in the sample editor, REVERSE it, and you'll get a great "breathy" whoosh! sound that you can place the attack(which is now at the end) at the pinacle of your rise in the track. Don't forget to delete the original sound, and experiment a lot. You'll get some really cool effects if you add a delay that matches your song tempo, hope this helps.
  • DUBSATIVA
    Thank you very much Brian and Christian for your help. I will try it out and promise to tell you the results. Thanks again. Bye. DUBSATIVA
  • DUBSATIVA
    Thanks Christian, its exactly the effect I was looking for. Its a very cool effect for dance music. Thanks again and bye. DUBSATIVA
  • Christian L
    [quote:12463]Thanks Christian, its exactly the effect I was looking for. Its a very cool effect for dance music. Thanks again and bye. DUBSATIVA[/quote] Cool! And don't forget you can play with the "Vib", "Wah", "Chorus" and "Overdrive" parameters of the ESP! Have fun!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: