macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Christian L
    Re: Great Feb Tutorial
    Hi cGar! Yes,this will bounce the freezed track between the project start and end marks. This is very useful to save CPU power. The files can be found in the "Freeze Files" folder of your project. The rendered files are 32 bits floating-point. If you unfreeze the tracks, the rendered files will be deleted. Cheers!
  • Hapecoa
    Can these "freeze files" be imported into other projects or other sequencers. If not was the best way to render all instrument tracks so that they can be imported into another logic session or another sequencer? I am currently collaborating with some Sonar users so this issue has come up. Sorry if this is going off topic. Best, Christopher
  • steveH
    No. These files are limited to the track in the project from whence they came. To accomplish what you want to do you'll need to do a record to another audio track... not so bad!
  • Darren
    Hi, Yes Feb was indeed an excellent set of tutorials. I particularly liked the way you summed everything up at the end of each video. This is great for referring back to. Thanks Darren
  • steveH
    Thanks to everyone for all your support! I strive to keep these TNT tutorials informative, while at the same time, I try to approach topics you might not get anywhere else. Hmmm... I wonder what March will bring? Steve Steve
  • Christian L
    [quote:40938]Can these "freeze files" be imported into other projects or other sequencers. If not was the best way to render all instrument tracks so that they can be imported into another logic session or another sequencer? I am currently collaborating with some Sonar users so this issue has come up. Sorry if this is going off topic. Best, Christopher[/quote] You could also use File > Export > All Tracks As Audio Files. If you have further questions about this, you could start a thread about this in the Logic Forum. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express[/url] Take care!
  • steveH
    To the two Christians: And, of course, you can: File> Export > Track Either way of exporting will "bounce" each individual track with its plugin processing independently between the start and end markers WITHOUT volume fader or pan settings. This assumes that you'll be mixing at a later point in the production. This only works if all sound making synths are soft (internal). The Bounce function in the FIle menu will bounce all or selected tracks (depending whether they are soloed or muted) with their volume fader, pan setting AND automation and combine them into a single audio file. Offline will only bounce the internal stuff. Realtime will bounce internal and external sound sources. Freezing creates a temporary 32 bit (floating point) internal audio file for each frozen track with its plugin processing to free up CPU. This works only in the current project and on the frozen track/s. Sending tracks to a bus and then recording that bus on an audio track is another way to bounce a track, or, permanently submix a group of tracks with their individual processing, pan and volume fader info. This is useful if you want to have that combined track as on another audio track on the arrange page. This is also useful to internalize external sound sources and have them "in" the arrange as audio tracks enabling them to be frozen or "exported". Whew...so many options! Steve
  • Wyhudyi
    NICE February tutorial Steve. The use of the Transformer object was way cool and shows why it is one of my favorite tools. Could you do more TNTs using Environment Objects? My suggestions- 1- Touch Tracks Object 2- Chord Memorizer Object And- 3 - Granular Audio Manipulation. I use Reason and/or a Kaos pad to get this glitchy audio grain effect and was wondering if it could be done using the Transformer and some advanced Environment routing. Maybe have the Transformer repeat the last note? Is this possible in Logic at all? Thanks. Looking forward to March.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, I like the idea of Cloudmover's third suggestion particularly. Steve, I've just dedicated some time to this month's TNT and wanted to echo the sentiment here that they're brilliant as usual! Thanks so much :-) Rounik
  • steveH
    I think I can figure it out.... perhaps using the EXS24...hmmm... I like a good puzzle!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: