macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kynycoo
    How to dedicate samples to trigger pads?
    Not even sure how to really phrase this, so I'll start with the whole: I play keys in a live karaoke band, and I'm trying to figure out how to program/trigger some sound effects to use during the show (eg, blasting the trap airhorn). I know how to program and set samples into EXS24, but is there a way that I can "dedicate" those pads to specific triggers while else wise I'm playing piano or organ on the actual keys? Or am I essentially limited to 1 instrument/track at a time? I am hoping to organically trigger some different effects between songs from the pads without having to actually switch back and forth to the EXS24 track. Thanks!
  • Kynycoo
    Re: How to dedicate samples to trigger pads?
    Not even sure how to really phrase this, so I'll start with the whole: I play keys in a live karaoke band, and I'm trying to figure out how to program/trigger some sound effects to use during the show (eg, blasting the trap airhorn). I know how to program and set samples into EXS24, but is there a way that I can "dedicate" those pads to specific triggers while else wise I'm playing piano or organ on the actual keys? Or am I essentially limited to 1 instrument/track at a time? I am hoping to organically trigger some different effects between songs from the pads without having to actually switch back and forth to the EXS24 track. Thanks! http://movieseriesworld.com/ http://techgeniuszone.com/ Any Updates??? __________________________________________________________________________
  • Joe A
    Re: How to dedicate samples to trigger pads?
    > I'm trying to figure out how to program/trigger some sound effects to use during the show... > ...am I essentially limited to 1 instrument/track at a time? It is possible to have more than 1 track record-enabled at the same time by assigning them different MIDI channels, but if you don't need to record the FX, then you could also patch it in the Environment. You'd cable the device with the pads directly to the Instrument track with the EXS FX (Physical Input Object Pad Device out to EXS FX Channel Strip), and this would then be live regardless of the track selected.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: