macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Stretch179
    Automating Pitch Bends
    Much of the time, I am on the road, without a keyboard/midi controller, so I tend to make my pitch bends by drawing them in manually. I have made the jump from Ableton Live to Logic 8, and I am very happy with the move, but the one area that I am a little bit frustrated in is the writing of pitch bends. In Live, I was able to draw the automation lines just as I would volume, panning or any other parameter. Unless I am missing something, in Logic it seems that the way to do this is in the hyper editor. But the pitch section in the hyper editor is very hard to use effectively. I am having no luck manipulating the bricks in the hyper editor to get the sounds I hear in my head. In Live, I was able to write smooth lines with ease and quickness, but not in Logic. I wish that Logic gave me the ability to write pitch in the track automation, and unless I am missing something, it doesn't seem to. Can you shed some light on how I can effectively make pitch bends for my instruments in a more precise way than what the hyper editor offers? Thanks much! AB
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: