macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Melivua
    external drive recording
    when I try to record to an external drive in logic 8 there is a serious lag in the time but if I set my folder to record directly on the hard drive there is no lag time help please I think it has something to do on how I save it yes, no
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: external drive recording
    Hi g13 are you using a firewire ext drive? Also is it sharing the firewire bus with anything else like an audio interface i.e. is it daisychained? What system is your mac and how much ram do you have? What version of OS X are you running and how much space do you have left on your internal and external HD? What version of Logic? 8 or 8.0.1? What audio interface are you using? Also what format is your ext HD in? For optimal performance with Logic is should be non journaled. The first things I'd do: 1. Repair permissions (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility 2. Make sure all other cpu hungry app's are closed at the time of recording. Please do let me know answers to the above questions as these will help. Cheers Rounik
  • Melivua
    hey Im using a WD external with a828mkII firewire not daisy chained Im running a belkin firewire port I have 2gigs of ram Im running the mac book 2007 laptop with leopard not sure how to non journal the external drive and step1 repair permissions not quite sure what that means or how to do it sorry Im new to all this
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey g13 sorry I didn't explain repair permissions very thoroughly. It's a really important maintenance procedure for your mac. It's a good idea to repair permissions every time you install new software and many people (including myself) do it regularly (weekly/monthly etc). Basically, it helps the operating system run more smoothly. To do this go to a finder window and go to: 1. Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility 2. After opening Disk Utility you'll see a few different options and a few different drives/partitions. Select your main internal drive running OS X. 3. Now click on [b]Repair disk permissions[/b] 4. After a few minutes the process should be complete. It generally takes less time the more frequently you repair them. 5. Now quite Disk Utility and restart your mac. ---- Try recording now. If it doesn't help then we'll look at a few other options. By the way, are you running Logic 8.0.1 and are you running OS X 10.5.1 or 10.5.2? Let us know how you get on :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: