macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dbassfour
    Cycle Mode does not work in Sample Editor Logic 8.0.1
    Hey guys, Im running through the EXS tutorials, and when I am in Sample editor selecting a region to "loop" using the marquee tool, no matter what I do it does not cycle through the region I selected with the marquee tool. Here is the process. 1. Double Click an Audio Region which opens up the sample editor. 2. I sleect a portion of the region in sample editor. 3. I turn ON cycle mode in the Sample editor. 4. I click the play/speaker icon IN the sample editor. Result - It plays the entire regions and does not loop. Its driving me crazy, any ideas? Is the behavior diffrent in Loigc 7.2.3?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Cycle Mode does not work in Sample Editor Logic 8.0.1
    Hey dbassfour, As far as i remember this works for me with the steps you describe. I'll double check it soon. What version of OS X are you using?
  • dbassfour
    Im using Leopard. Its REALLY frustrating, and I thought this was just the way Logic worked. This has followed me quite a bit, through diffrent installation. - Dion
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Dion It definitely works fine here. I'm on 8.0.1 and OS 10.4.10. Hopefully it's a bug that'll get fixed soon. Does the cycle mode button stay green (active) after you press the play button / spacebar? Rounik
  • dbassfour
    I narrowed it down to this. .caf apple loops - consistently exhibit this behavior Convert the same Apple Loop to new audio file in .aiff - no problem OR if I use one of my own audio files (aiff) no problem. When I use a .caf apple loop, it exhibits this behavior. (try 12-8 Jazzy Drumset 1 in Sample Editor, select a portion, and try to play it in Cycle mode) This happens on 2 separate installations (of Leopard) Can anyone else confirm this? Make sure its a .caf Blue or Green Apple Loop.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Dion You're right! I've just tried it on a couple of .caf apple loops and it won't loop a selection in the sample editor. It seems this is a .caf bug and not OS dependent after all! Thanks for posting your findings! Cheers Rounik
  • dbassfour
    Yeah - it was driving me crazy. I just ran into another .caf bug with Ultrabeat, so I gave it a shot. I wound up using the 12-8 Jazzy Drumset loop in a song of mine, but I needed some individual hits from the Loop. Cheers bud, if you ever figure out a .caf workaround I'm all ears. Dion
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Dion the .caf format is very new. Aside from the workaround of converting it to a new aiff/wav file, I think we'll have to wait till the next Logic update to get this one fixed. If I figure anything out will post it here! Rounik
  • dbassfour
    Apparently - No Apple Loops work in the editor. Only regular .aif and .wav. I just tried an aiff apple loops and it did the same thing. Ill just use the arrange window - and try to get back that wasted hour of my life :) thanks as always.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: