macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Aussie
    "Error while trying to synchronize audio and midi"
    This is the message I sent to MOTU: I have a problem with the MOTU 896HD. When it comes time to play a song thru Logic, I get a high pitched sound and an error message that says "Error while trying to synchronize Audio and Midi" I had this problem with Logic 7 (got lucky, and fixed it, don't remember how) now I have the same problem with Logic 8 and spent 5 hours in vain trying everything under the sun. Looked up this problem in the Forums and there are MOTU customers with this same issue dating back to 2003. I tried all their suggestions and nothing. I spoke to the Apple tech and they threw the ball in your court. Itunes works, Garage Band, Logic, and Waveburner put out the same sound. I'm hoping you have a software fix that I can download and resolve this issue. Look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you. Does anybody know how to resolve this? THank's for any help!
  • Christian L
    Re: "Error while trying to synchronize audio and midi"
    Hi Aussie, Quit Logic and try toggling the input and output of your MOTU from ADAT to none back and forth. Restart Logic. Tell me if it works. Take care! Christian
  • Aussie
    This is the cure! Thank you so much. You don't even need to restart Logic, it just starts working. This has to be what I did before, not remembering. I have no optical connections so this time I didn't go there.
  • Christian L
    Great! If you have any other problems or questions, feel free to ask on the forum.
  • D.C.
    I had the exact same problem as Aussie, (in the middle of a project with a deadline of course.) I tried a multitiude of different steps, including trashing preferences, re-installing the program, (Logic Studio 8), re-hooking cables, all to no avail. I searched MOTU's website for answers, went back to Apple's, and finally found a thread that pointed me to your direction, and voila, there was my same problem , and a simple solution. Thank you so much for helping rescue me from a tough dilemna! (By the way, how did you come up with that solution?!)
  • Aussie
    I called Motu and the technician told me what to do to cure the problem. I asked him, are you sure this will work? He said, you won't have to call me back, I guarantee it. He was right... I'm glad to hear you're up and running.
  • Christian L
    [quote:9136] Thank you so much for helping rescue me from a tough dilemna! (By the way, how did you come up with that solution?!) [/quote] Hi D.C. Im glad you found the macProVideo.com website! I encountered this problem on a session and I remember that my friend solved it by messing around with this setting. Don't forget to check the tutorials section of macProVideo! Take care!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: