macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BONGOLICIOUS
    midi or audio??
    I have a roland dr. 880 drum and bass machine and want to track out my beatz in logic. do i run midi via usb or audio, how do i wind to the grid? would like to seperate all the voices to have full mix control? Im a midi virgin so to speak any help or best case scenerio walk thru would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • JGUNZ
    Re: midi or audio??
    I have a roland MV-8000 drum machine, and I run it into Logic through the audio input of my M-Audio Firewire 410. I think MIDI would be better if you could use it that way. Check out the environment tutorial offered here it tells you all about midi connections. Good Luck
  • Mentlblur
    Re: midi or audio??
    I have the Dr 880 as well. I use the audio for recording because it has its own mixing and EQ through the TSC. If you wish to use it through MIDI, you will not get the same sounds unless you spend a bit of time adding plugins to shape the sound of the Garage Band drums. But to get each sound on a seperate track would be easier through MIDI because you can select each drum part, the create a new region on a track and paste just that part seperately. If you then wish you can RE-Merge these seperate MIDI tracks and import them back into the drum machine for audio playback. It will only send controll information. No audio adjustments can be made from Logic to Dr. 880. Hope this helps.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: