macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jitse
    effects missing when inserting "green" loops as midi
    Hi, When inserting "green" loops from the loop browser in the arrange in Logic Pro 8, I don't hear all the effects when comparing the result with the actual loop that I hear in the browser. For example, choosing guitars in the browser and dragging the "green" loop 12 String Dream to an empty arrange track and playing the loop in the arrange, it souds different from the loop in the browser. It has some effects inserted but not all. Is there a way to have all the effects inserted, or do I just have to figure the remaining out myself? A lot of times a master reverb or delay designer seem to be missing, perhaps because they are not track inserts but bus inserts instead? Any help is appreciated, Jitse
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: effects missing when inserting "green" loops as mi
    Hi Jitse Does the same happen when you drag a green loop to an audio track and a software instrument track? Out of interest, which green apple loops are you trying? I'll check the same ones out on my system. Also, all apple loops from the browser are played through Audio track 63 (the prelisten channel). Check that there are no inserts on this channel strip or the Master Output 1-2. To check your Audio track 63, go to the environment (command - 8). Select: New > Channel Strip > Audio. Now change it's channel: click on the new channel strip, in the inspector click on "Channel" and under "audio" select > audio 63. Let us know how you get on. Rounik
  • Jitse
    When I insert it on an audio track it sounds the same. Only inserting on midi it's different. Try for example Beachside Electric 13 Havana Flamenco 04 Shetland Fiddle 02 I clearly hear reverb is not there on the midi track, but it's there when inserted on audio track. Sometimes I think the verb or delays sound really cool and am hoping to get the settings without figuring them out myself. Thanks, Jitse
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jitse Yes. it sounds like the reverbs were placed on a bus when creating these apple loops. Thankfully, getting nice reverbs isn't too hard in Logic. The Space designer can be very lush! ;-) Also, there are lots of presets you can try to help you get closer to a particular reverb you like. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    I have the same behavior on my system. If you don't need to change the MIDI sequence, you can always drag the loop to an audio track to get the reverb.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: