macProVideo.com
Forums
  • rjb
    Remapping Outputs when Changing Audio Device
    Does anyone know how to easily reassign outputs on channels after changing the Audio Device? The demo songs with Logic 8 have most channels setup up to output to Analog 1/2. In addition, The output object usualy has a number of plug-ins inserted (such as Limiters etc.) If you want to change the output to say output 15-16, it seems you have to change it at each place it is set. I know you can select multiple objects and change them all in one go, but you end up with output 15-16 without the plug=ins that output 1-2 had. Is there a better way to deal with this? I know Digital Performer provides a way to do this through mapping. Can anyone help?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Remapping Outputs when Changing Audio Device
    Hi RJB What I'd do is both of the following: 1. Select all channel strips in the mixer and change the outputs to an empty bus (e.g. bus 5) Now, set bus 5's to whatever output e.g. 15-16. Whenever you want to change the main out, just change the output of bus 5. 2) Save the output channel strip and/or copy it. When you wish the change to a different output open the saved channels strip setting on the newly selected output channel. Let us know if that helps. Rounik
  • rjb
    Re: Remapping Outputs when Changing Audio Device
    Hi Rounik Thank you. That was good advice. It would be nice if one could define virtual outputs (like "Stereo Out") and then assign the actual output to those. Rolland
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: