macProVideo.com
Forums
  • GrantP
    Acoustic Strumming Emulation Techniques
    Are there proven techniques for emulating a strumming guitar when using a keyboard? More particularly: => STRUM DIRECTION: Can the human ear distinguish between a downward strum and an upward strum (i.e., due to the top string in the chord being attacked at a slightly different time than the middle and bottom string, while reversing in order for an upward strum)? And if so, is there an EASY way to apply such attack shifts across a region of MIDI "strums"? => FLUIDITY: When a real acoustic guitar is strummed, there is an apparent fluidity between strums. When a keyboard is used to emulate such strumming, it can come off sounding choppy between strums. Are there any recommended plug in techniques for emulating that "strumming" fluidity when using a keyboard? Thanks in advance for your help. GrantP
  • Wantless
    Re: Acoustic Strumming Emulation Techniques
    I don't hava any plug in techniques to recommend but I do suggest that play with the q-flam function which can be used to get an upward or downward guitar-strum-like feel to midi parts. I don't know how kosher it is to link to other forums in here, but the topic is covered quite well here: [url]http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=11166&view=next&sid=d873adb9fb5825530a65c251c4ef3a0f[/url] And if it is not kosher, you only have to tell me once and I'll never do it again. Brian
  • Tozyboy
    Re: Acoustic Strumming Emulation Techniques
    I would think that a specialized midi-Plug-in that can scan your input notes/chord and then create a strum effect (in real time, or by scanning a track of pre-recorded chords, and then by delaying the notes, and re-voicing them in real time to emulate a guitar strum would be a very useful plug-in. The Strumming plug-in could even have some parameters that can be set for various voicing options, and strum dynamics/velocity, direction, including time factor parameters that would change the character of the strum. Does anything like this exist ? It seems like most of the effects plug-ins on offer today are focusing mainly on audio. Well, on the midi side of things, there are some quite interesting things a midi plug-in can offer, such as (Strumming, Arps, Delays, Filters, Dynamics/compression, Pitch effects, ...etc.) Cheers.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: