macProVideo.com
Forums
  • GrimEpoch
    Tricks and Tips possible future suggestions:
    I have searched high and low for this, and cannot find anything on these topics. Please bear with me as I am originally A Digital Performer (and still use it) user. Maybe other will find help in these questions: - In DP I can select both notes AND automation at the same time and copy and paste all over the place. This is done in their piano roll editor. I cannot figure out how to do this in Logic. For now I cut up the region and just copy the region then join all back together. - If I want to use 2 keyboards to control 2 different external midi devices, I have to set both keyboards to two different midi channels. Then, I have to change the listening channel on each device. For instance, if I wanted to drive Instrument #1 on my Waldorf Q and Instrument #1 on my Waldorf MicrowaveXT, I have to go into one of the instruments and change Instrument #1 to point to a different MIDI channel that also cannot be used by any other of the Instruments. (This is for cases where you want to record two synth lines at the same time). This is extremely time consuming especially if you have lots of different gear and trying to make changes on the fly with the different interfaces. Have you seen any better ways to do this? I have written apple and suggested that they implement a built in transformer into each track object that allows the incoming midi channel be directed to a different output channel on. So, you could map Channel 2 to Port 3 Channel 1 for instance. Thoughts? - External instrument settings seem to be HARD to get right. I have found some templates others have created where they have made the multi-instruments for me, however, they seem to all have a different level of functionality. Worse, the whole bank and patch selecting portion seems very poorly written. In DP, this stuff is so simple and so easy to use. In Logic, I am constantly fighting with it to work properly. Is this just me, am I missing something with working with external synths? I have 11 external synths so getting this right is important for me. - Last but not least, do you use Melodyne in Logic? I'm trying to come up with a better workflow. If you do, you know the plugin records the audio into itself. Then, you can fix the audio coming out of it. However, once you record into it, You cannot make changes to the audio on the track without rerecording everything into the plugin again. Do people bus the output to an additional track and freeze down the audio? Just not sure what the best thing to do. With 3 to 4 vocal tracks, and me changing around the arrangment a lot, it seems to get VERY time consuming. Thanks! Rick
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: