macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jeck
    start recording with the the keyboard
    hello everybody does anybody can tell me how can i put sort of a standby recording and when i press my usb keyboard start the sequencer recording???? i had tried put the pause then record bottom but i can only put notes as a chord thank you
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: start recording with the the keyboard
    Hi Hector welcome to MacProVideo forums! One way of doing this would be to setup a button or key on your MIDI keyboard to act as a record button. 1. Go to Key Commands menu (option - K) Logic Pro > Preferences > Key Commands 2. type in [i]record[/i] in the Search field 3. Select the record command and click on [i]learn new assignment[/i] (bottom right of key commands window) 4. Press the button on your USB keyboard you wish to use to begin recording. 5. Close the Key commands window and press your button to begin recording. ---- If you want you can adjust the count-in of the metronome in: File > Project settings > Record... so the count-in could be 0 or 1,2,3 etc bars to suit your needs. Hope that is useful. Cheers Rounik
  • jeck
    thank you ROUNIK for your patience and knowledge,but may be i can explain myself well,that i want is to start recording, with my PREFORMANCE not with a bottom or key ,like in Fruity Loops progam that has Wait Keyboard function or in my old workstation ROLAND XP. i cant belive that the most powerful secuencer in the world LOGIC 8, doesent have this feature or ,is there? anyway i want to congratulate you and all the people ,that can do this forum and tutorials posible, THANKS again
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hector I don't think Logic has this feature as far as I know...I've definitely never used it or seen it documented. Is the ability to set a count-in a good workaround? Also the ability to set a button on your usb keyboard as a record button means you can press that button and begin playing instantly (if you set the count-in to [i]Never[/i]. (You could also set up a key on your MIDI keyboard to the record command.) Thank you for all your kind comments :-) Hope we can help you more! Rounik
  • jeck
    thank you ROUNIK i think i/m gonna try programig one key on my midi keyboard... on the other hand ,what am i doing when i press 1 pause 2 record 3 input a note with my midi keyboard???? i really appreciate yuor help Hector
  • Rounik Admin
    That's called step input... It's basically a way of inputting notes not in realtime and can be helpful for creating drum tracks or parts which are too fast to play in realtime quickly. check out page 384 of the Logic User manual for more info. Also check out videos 84-85 of the Logic 101: Core Logic 8 tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url]
  • jeck
    thank you by the way, can i use my audio interface as an input (H4 ZOOM ) and the built in audio of my INTEL MAC 10.4.11 as an ouput?and how thank you ,again
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Hector No problem! To use an audio interface and a H4 Zoom together you need to create an "Aggregate device". To do this go to the Audio Midi setup. Please browse this thread as it's already explained here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=4581&sid=#4615[/url] If you run into any problems let us know! Hector, I'm looking to purchase a Zoom H4 or a Zoom H2 for field and interview recording. Much of what I'll be recording will be bird song, water sounds, some town ambience, people speaking. What is the quality of the Zoom H4 like? Is there a lot of background noise from the device itself? Does it pick up wind noise strongly? Your thoughts would be much appreciated! :-) Cheers Rounik
  • jeck
    OK i will the quality of the mics are very good but i dont use in a field recording situation ,i use it because i like to sing in many ambiens(but open field sure not) and then drop this file in LOGIC and the fun beguins.. for me it has its dark side 1 i need glases to read the dispaly if you have 20X20 got it 2 you cant change the digital input level while you are recording have to stop 3 you have to be very still with a hand tripode to avoid noise ....AND I LOVE HER¡¡ i hope this can help you thank you ROUNIK
  • Christian L
    [quote:35004]hello everybody does anybody can tell me how can i put sort of a standby recording and when i press my usb keyboard start the sequencer recording???? i had tried put the pause then record bottom but i can only put notes as a chord thank you [/quote] The "wait for note" function was available in earlier version of Logic (version 6 and earlier) in the Metronome Settings . It was removed... I don't know why. I think it's a pretty useful command.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: