macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hexapye
    Weird logic behaviour
    Hi, I ve been working on a project in logic for 2 weeks without any apparent problems till I realized that song is silenced (although the play header moves)when i move or do any type of editing with the regions of the external midi track.If these edits are undone the song is audible again.Logic didnt let me touch the midi regions i recorded!!this was the first problem i encountered. After some more hours of work on the project i gave a lunch break( everyting was ok except the external midi tarck issue)and when i came back and hit play i got an error message saying that: "Logic pro has detected a possibel conflict between one or more third party midi or audio drivers-Be sure to install the latest drivers for all audio and midi equipment connected o your computerand remove older or unused drivers" I did what it said and reinstalled the drivers for the audio interface but the problem wasnt solved. I did some research on the forums and tried removing the unused midi drivers from the midi drivers folder and midi devices folder but it didnt help either.In one of the forums someone suggested deleting all the track automation data(which helped him to stop receiving the same error)I tried this and i didnt receive the error anymore but i started experiencing some weird logic behaviour such as the automation lanes can not be viewed it just got stuck with one of the tracks automation lane.Anyway deleting all the automation data is not a solution and this issue has killed the project i ve been working for 2 weeks and i cant find a way to finish it with logic 8.I decided to install logic 7.2.3 and continue from here but i want to be able to use logic 8 and i dont know how for now.I d appreciate it if you can help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Weird logic behaviour
    Hi myconoid Do you have any backups of the Logic project you can use? Also, check in the logic project folder > Project file backups (folder) for older versions of your logic project. You can check these to see if you've got a copy where this issue doesn't arise. One thing to note. A project saved in Logic 8 cannot be opened by Logic 7. If your project file is corrupt and your older versions in the Project file backups are not viable you can try rebuilding your project file. It may take a little time but could be worth it! A few tips: If you have lots of plugins and levels set on different tracks, go to your Mixer and select: Options > Copy audio configuration Close the project. Open a new project to re-build your old one from. Go to the Mixer, Options > Paste audio configuration. Now all you need to do is import the audio and midi files from the previous project. Let us know if this helps at all. Best Rounik
  • Christian L
    Can you give us a complete list of the hardware and plugins you use ? Try changing the output of Logic to "built-in audio" in Preferences > Audio > Devices > Core Audio > Device to see if it makes a difference. Also, do you have automation in your project ?
  • Hexapye
    The built in audio doesnt make a difference but yes i have loads of automation and when i delete all the automation data the i dont get any error but still logic acts weird afterwards.i also have two midi objects in the environment in the same layer one is a multi and the other is a mono instrument and the midi data is recorded on the midi track of the mono instrument in the arrange window and there is a soft inst track with an external instrument and some effects in that instrument channel and the mono instrument inputs are routed to that ext instrument(no aux channel)There isnt any other thing that may be causing this problem according to me if there isnt an automaiton bug thing!howcome the error stops when i delete all the automaiton data???
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi myconoid Have you checked out the project backup files created by Logic to compare your original and those, hopefully with the most recent backup files that have lots of automation too?
  • Hexapye
    Hi rounik, I had some back up files all with some automation and i was getting the particular error message in all of these sooner or later ,but the latest saved version was doing the funniest stuff. I am not sure if this has solved the problem but after deleting the multi instrument object from the environment and assigning the midi track to the mono midi instrument object in the arranger and the midi clock sync setting back to the appropriate midi port from song settings(it was some how changed) everything looks and sounds normal for now and i am not receiving any error messages. I also rewrote the automation data on all tracks!! I hope i ll be able to finish this project with no more funny stuff!! There is also something i would like to ask. Whenever i enable the low latency mode the spectral gate plug-in inserted in the inst track of the external instrument turns orange(external midi channel)Why is that?? And also the green read mode in one lane sometimes changes to an orange question mark but.What can be causing this and what bad things can happen? Thank you for your quick responses.I really appreciate it.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi myconoid strange...but glad you've got it working! Do keep backups of your project as regularly as possible. As for the low latency mode... This limits the maximum delay time caused by plug-ins. Plug-ins with the highest latency will be bypassed first (they turn orange). Logic does this to ensure that the maximum latency across the signal flow will be below your Latency mode limit. This can be set: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio. [General tab] Either turn off low latency mode to ensure that the sound is not changed (by bypassing a DSP plug-in) or increase the Low latency Limit. You can find more on this on p.848 of the Logic Pro manual. ---- Regarding automation going from green read to range question mark, I've not experienced this... I have heard of an automation bug similar to what you're describing. What version of Logic are you running and what's your OS version? Cheers Rounik
  • Hexapye
    Hi rounik, I am running logic 8.0.1 and osx 10.4.11. dual G5 2.3 8 gb ram. Do you think my audio interface drivers may be causing these issues?
  • Rounik Admin
    What is your audio interface and what plugins do you use ?
  • Hexapye
    Audio interface is yamaha o1x and the effects plug-ins I use along with logic's are soundhack spectral shapers,izotope trash/spectron/ozone,camel audio bundle metric halo channelstrip. O1x is suspiciosly looking at me everyday since i got it!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: