macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Busodeo
    Multi-Timbral Plug-Ins
    Hi Steve, I was wondering if you could do a tutorial on setting up and using multi-timbral plug-ins with logic. Thanks, David
  • Tozyboy
    Re: Multi-Timbral Plug-Ins
    Hi Steve, I would like to second that request. I'm looking forward to work with Native Instruments "Kontakt 3" sampler in LP8, and would love to see how to work with this multi-timbral plug-in sampler, and deal with the issues of automating Volume, Pan, Expression CC# independently, since there seems to be a Logic Design issue that does not allow independent control over these parameters for each midi part. So, covering all possible workarounds, and techniques, using multiple outputs, i.e. automating the seperate aux outs to automate volume, and pan levels, vs. using track automation to automate each parts CC# 7, 10, and 11, also, the option of running it as a stand alone with Logic Pro 8 (on one computer, via soundflower, and its benefits, plus, other topics that involve running and managing multi-timbral VI's in LP8. This would be a very helpful, tutorial. for the TNT section. I have learned quite a bit from your great TNT tutorials, and look forward to learn more, they are all fantastic ! Thanks.
  • Tekemou
    I would 3rd that one. Kontakt is essential if you make your own instruments and do sample mangling, and there are many other useful multi-timbral plugs. But still Logic handles this in the same old way. Steve do you recommend starting out with an empty mixer and creating net multi-instruments from the arrange? It seems that if you create and delete instruments from the arrange the mixer gets messed up. I used to create a template for this to keep it clean and organized but now since Logic does this for you and its automated creating multi-instrument channels I am not sure how to best handle this process. Any best practices that you could share in a future tutorial? Also any tips on saving the settings for 3rd party multi-timbral (and single instance) plugins for archiving or moving to another studio would be helpful (so the sample and file paths work and the sounds open properly).
  • James M
    Im gona 4th that! Any update Stevo? Just subscribed to the TNT and luving them! Now hows about that Multi Timbral tutorial? And when is the next NYLPUG session?!? Keep up the awesome work you do for us Steve. Love it all.
  • steveH
    Wow... this is such a huge issue ( read: problem) in Logic. I've been setting up systems for some amazing cats who use a lots of multi-timbral 3rd party plugs... and it's really difficult. Before I tackle this issue head on (and there are some interesting workarounds out there) I'm kinda hoping that Logic will see a AES update in October which will solve this crazy issue. In the mean time I am keeping your wishes for solutions alive in my daily explorations. I'm working on it! S.
  • James M
    Thanks for the reply Steve! We shall sit and wait patiently!
  • steveH
    The wait is over... see September's TNTs!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve, Great TNT! I thought I knew everything there was to know about Multi-timbral's in Logic... Well, I've just got another useful few tips especially the 7 to 11! I'm really looking forward to next month too. Cheers Rounik
  • steveH
    Thanks Rounik, More to come as I continue to demystify this topic!!!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: