macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tekemou
    Tips on Folders and Managing a Complex Midi Arrangement
    I think it would be great to see some tutorials on using folders and other tools in logic to manage a complex midi arrangement with lots of takes and alternate midi parts. Whatever tips and tricks can be used to make an arrangement more manageable and best practices for bouncing midi to audio and archiving the original midi tracks in case you want to change the parts in the future. Just overall getting around quickly in a complex midi arrangement and preparing it for the Final Mix or getting a track ready for a mixer/engineer to work with.
  • Frédéric Hahn
    Re: Tips on Folders and Managing a Complex Midi Arrangement
    I totally agree with this tutorial idea!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi guys, I agree that a TNT on Managing Arrangements would be quite cool... Have you guys checked out the following chapters from Core Logic 8 101: Section 12: Packing Folders 98 Packing A Folder 99 Folder Hierarchies 100 Unpacking Folders 101 Looping Folders Would be great to discover even more in depth folder tips too! Rounik
  • Tekemou
    Not sure if this has been covered yet in TNT's as I just ordered them all but I still think this would be an invaluable tutorial or even a Master Class. It would be great to see the way professionals with very complex arrangements use Logic. I have seen a few in the past and it is always very eye opening. I know all people may have different approaches to building and arranging their songs, but there are clean and sloppy approaches. Just looking for a very experienced professionals approach. Covering things like managing a very complex arrangement with lots of midi and audio tracks. Also something with occasional tempo changes and a lot of one shot elements dedicated to their own midi/audio tracks. Maybe a score or a song with a lot of different types of instruments. Tips for utilizing folders and good track and instrument (and icon?) naming practices to make things tidy and easy to navigate and work with. I am sure a few different song arrangement examples could be used to highlight different approaches to different situations. Maybe laying out some the best practices to implement a song from the get go (Autoload) so your track is easy to build and manage later on in the process and ultimately to mix. Some automation tips and getting your tracks ready for a final Mixdown with a good engineer. I personally like the most flexibility with my songs so I can go back and make changes at a later date, so I like to retain most everything I can in midi. I also find the bouncing process slightly cumbersome. Housekeeping tips and professional techniques for getting tracks ready to pass off to another logic system or a Studio's Pro Tools Rig. Things like bouncing midi tracks to audio (or maybe track Freeze is a good archiving method???), saving plugin settings and samples for 3rd party plugins, Multi-timbral/output plugins, etc. Would love to know your thoughts...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: