macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Soulseer
    Midi Note Trail Off
    This might be some kind of latency issue or not having enough processing power, but in any case, here's what's happening ... I have several exs midi software instruments playing a musical phrase together, and I have them arranged to all stop at once, with an audio file kicking in at the end and starting the next phrase. However, when I loop the region or just play the region area ... my software instruments don't cut off like they are supposed to, and instead ... sort of trail off with a few notes (like they were going to begin looping again). Anyone know what setting I can use to stop this behavior? Thanks ...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Midi Note Trail Off
    Hi Soulseer Have you tried adjusting the release in the EXS24 envelopes? Are there any reverb/delay effects on your track or is your track's signal being sent to a reverb/delay bus? Also, in the Piano roll do the notes last longer than the region length? Does this behaviour occur when you turn off the cycle mode? Rounik
  • Soulseer
    I found the culprit ... it was a tape delay insert. As soon as I bypassed, it cut off properly. The only problem is I like the small delay or reverb effect on track, it's just that the way it is now it ends badly with a couple of odd notes. I might just need to try and work with another delay or reverb effect. Thanks for the help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Cool! You could try automating the tape delay to help it end closer to when the note ends and make it sound natural too. If it's just reverb you want do check out the space designer or platinum verb etc... Cheers Rounik
  • Soulseer
    Actually I did use the space designer on default and it worked like a champ! Has a much cleaner "trail off" sound that fits with the overall piece.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: