macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Piano Roll Editor
    Hello everyone. I'm a new user, very GREEN, to Logic Pro 8, and I'm stuck on something: When I closed my most recent project, I still had the PIANO ROLL EDITOR window open, and when I closed down Logic, the PIANO ROLL EDITOR was the last thing I closed down. Now, when I open Logic back up, the arrange window doesn't pop-up but instead the Piano Roll Editor does. Can anyone tell me how I can find my song? Gotta do the Homer Simpson: DOH!!!! I can hear the most recent version (edited version) of my song, I just can see the arrange window and don't know where to find it. Any help would be really appreciated:) Thanks. Jodie Campbell p.s. If you're bored, check out my band's mySPACE page: http://www.myspace.com/ericmandalathetribe See ya:)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Piano Roll Editor
    Hi Jodie To find the Arrange window go to: Window > Arrange (Command - 1). You might also have switched screensets by mistake. If you did, to return to your main screenset press 1. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Rounik, How are you? Nice to meet you:) Thank you so much for the help:) I had the screensets mixed up:) Thanks a lot. Still gettin' used to Logic:) LOVE IT THOUGH:) Please keep pumpin' out AWESOME/FANTASTIC/AMAZING/INCREDIBLE/OK I think you know what I mean, "tutorials":) They really help:) Thanks again. Jodie Campbell p.s. Have you guys ever thought about doing a tutorial specifically for the SAMPLE EDITOR? I'm still a little confused on that right now:(
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, Good thnx. Glad you are lovin' Logic & the tutorials!! Thanks for all your kind words :-) Have you checked out the Core Logic 8 : Logic 101 tutorials for good practical usage on the Sample editor? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] Chapters 94-97 are really great and 27 & 28 etc too! If you have any questions about the sample editor Jodie, let us know and we'll do our best to help :-) Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, WOW your reply was fast:) Is it 2:49am your time on Monday? Oh my! I live in Kyoto, Japan, and it's about 8pm on Monday. I just got home from work! Yeah, I bought the Core Logic Pro 8 and Ultrabeat Unleashed a few weeks ago actually:) Thanks, I'll check out those chapters AGAIN:) Can I ask you something? I've recently bought a couple of Garageband tutorials from you guys as well, waiting for those to come this week I hope, so I was wondering for a rookie like myself, should I be using Logic or Garageband? My guitar player says Garageband, but Logic just seems so much, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm BETTER:) Any advice? Thanks again. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    It's 11.06am here & it's a sunny UK morning today ;-) It's a difficult question for me to answer as I started n Logic before Garageband came out. I've always loved Logic and it's been my first port of call when creativity calls. But Garageband works well for many people... If you're already learning Logic then I'd recommend it because it can ultimately take you further than GarageBand in terms of effects, instruments, workflow and IMHO creative output. Once you know Logic it'll be easier to use Garageband too if your guitar player wants to stuck with Garageband. Let us know if you have any other questions! Take care, Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Hi again Rounik, Ahha:) You're in the UK:) Sweet:) I'm Canadian via Toronto, but my grandma was from Newcastle :) Yeah, I agree with you about Logic being a little more advanced in terms of effects, instruments, workflow, etc., but what is IMHO? Man o man, I feel so dumb, but it's really exciting figuring stuff out and finding new shortcuts/etc.:) Thank again. I gotta boogie to band practice now. Maybe chat later:) Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    cool! I listened to a couple of tracks from your myspace page. Nice music! The more i think about it, Logic is sooooo much deeper and more configurable. The instruments are IMHO (In my humble opinion) better than any other comparable program out there... Whatever program you choose, the journey is sweet! Enjoy band practice. If you have any questions about the sample editor or anything else just let us know :-) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh again Rounik, How ya doin? I just got home from band practice:) We had 2 bass players tonight:) Yippy:) It was sweet:) We usually don't have a bass player, mainly cuz we can't find one, so Eric, our guitar player, usually loops a bass-sounding riff into his loop station, but tonight we had 2 bass players at practice, so it was sweeeeeeeeeeet:) Thanks for checking out our page:) I'm the bald drummer dude:) Oh my!!!! hahahahaha:) The tunes on there are pretty crappy sounding; they were recorded live at some gigs and in the studio, although we used a good recorder (Edirol R-09, I think). Anyway, we're in the process of building a studio, so once it gets up and running, we'll be recording via Logic Pro 8:) Yeah, I totally agree with you IMHO too about Logic:) Can I ask you what you think of Cubase and Reason?? I'm gonna put in my Core Logic 8 DVD now and check out those chapters you mentioned. Thanks again. Later. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, no, the recordings sounded good - live, a little raw.. and live :-) Cubase is a product I haven't much experience with. All in all Logic, Cubase, Protools, Sonar have a lot of cross over points. There are some things that one will do better than others etc. I think Logic has the best sound & best plugins and best MIDI implementation. Cubase and Pro Tools maybe slightly easier in the audio editing department according to some. But really, for me & thousands of others Logic rocks! In version 8 it's also improved a lot in terms of how it can handle, record & edit audio. Reason is extremely popular and for good reason ;-) You can use Reason in conjunction with Logic using a feature called Rewire (check it out on [url]http://www.propellerheads.se/technologies/rewire/index.cfm?fuseaction=displaymain[/url] Enjoy the chapters! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: