macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Re: Piano Roll Editor
    Hi again Rounik, Yeah, I gotta agree with you that LOGIC ROCKS! And like Martin says, so do GREEN LOOPS! hahahaha:) I'm gonna check out the Rewire link you sent me now, so thanks:) Talk soon. Jodie p.s. Thanks for the compliments about our mySPACE recording, but we gotta get some better recordings up on there:) Keep ya posted:)
  • Kimbone
    Greetings and many thanks for this community. I've just started using Logic 8, still getting used to it. Love the better worklflow but miss some of the old Logic features like more readable bus knobs and darker waveforms (is there a way to adjust waveform brightness?). I have another somewhat bonehead question about the piano roll display: It appears that no matter how many times I change it to light, it switches back to dark when opening a session. Is there a way to lock it in, or is this a glitch in my program? Anyway, thanks again. The Bone
  • Christian L
    [quote:32557]I have another somewhat bonehead question about the piano roll display: It appears that no matter how many times I change it to light, it switches back to dark when opening a session. Is there a way to lock it in, or is this a glitch in my program? [/quote] Hi, Yes the Piano Roll Background Colors revert back to "dark" each time. This preference seems to be a little buggy. However, make a change to the dark settings and it should be stick. i.e. Double click the "White Keys" colored rectangle to choose a lighter color. Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kimbone, Welcome to the the community ;) RE: Audio waveform brightness. Do you mean in the sample editor or in the Arrange? Cheers Rounik
  • steveH
    Hi Kimbone, It seems like it just wants to revert back to the dark colors. However, there is a work-around that involves creating a project template: Create an empty project with the track allotments that would suit your needs as starting project... say 8 Inst and 8 Audio tracks. Then, Open up the piano roll and under the "view" menu select "Arrange Colors". Then program a lighter color set for the "dark" color group. You can do this by double clicking on the color bars for black and white keys and choosing any color you want from the color wheel! If you want, you could program a different set of colors for the light color group too! Save that project as a template... then: Program Logic to open that template when you boot Logic. (You can select that option in your Preferences General.) That should do ti!
  • Kimbone
    Thanks so much guys, for the prompt response...you've restored my hope for humanity. I'll give that a shot, pronto. As far as the waveform darkness, I was referring to the regions in the Arrange window. They seem a bit faded, at least in comparison to Logic 7.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kimbone, It's a pleasure! RE: Waveform darkness, there's no control I'm aware of to make the actual waveform in a region brighter or darker. All I can suggest is to try changing the colour of the regions. Select the region and press Option-C to bring up the colour palette. I remember when I cam to Logic 8 from 7 it took me a little while for my brain and my eyes to adjust to the colours - but now it's like second nature.... Having said that there are advanced ways of changing the colours of buttons, faders, etc if you're feeling brave and a dab hand with a graphics package like Photoshop. This involves opening the Logic package, finding the graphics files for the different objects and manually changing them and replacing within the package. If you want to go that route just remember to keep a backup of the Logic application file! Cheers Rounik
  • Kimbone
    Hi Rounik I think at this point that I will simpy count my blessings...gratitude is one of the great virtues in life. Once again, my hats off to you. Kimbone
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: