macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Creating Fades
    Hi Chris & Yadj This is puzzling. I also found the fade tool to be a bit glitchy in Logic 7, but in 8.0.1 on 10.4.10 and 10.5.1 It's been fine. Rounik
  • Christian L
    Make sure your audio files are not compressed mp3... but if you recorded them in Logic it shouldn't be the case. Try Logic > Preferences > Initialize All Except Key Commands... and try using the Crossafe tool again. Does it works ?
  • Chris"The Glove"
    Hi Christian, i've followed your instructions but i'm afraid it's still not working properly. Audio files are not compressed mp3 by the way. I recorded them into Logic myself. Thanks Chris.
  • Christian L
    Very strange... Did you try starting an entirely new project from scratch to see if it works ? When you use the crossfade tool on overlapping regions, does it work properly ? Also try Options > Audio > Delete All Fade Files... but I don't think it will make any difference. I'm wondering if there is anyone else who is experiencing this problem.
  • Lord Scrotum
    Hi, I too am experiencing weirdness with fades. Crossfades, for example,work but are no longer shown at the crossfade point. Instead they show up about a bar further back (which can be confusing). Additionaly, I'm getting an error message when I insert fade ins and outs. (Not at home at the mo, so can't say what message it is.) The fades work but I have to click a couple of times on a box which blatthers on about permissions. I never had this problem with logic pro 6 (I upgraded to 7 just before 8 came out,doh!). Would also be very grateful if somebody could say why this is happenig. Cheers Lord Scrotum
  • Chris"The Glove"
    Hi Christian, good news it's working. I did as you suggested, opened up a new project (no problems) went back to my original song and everything's fine. It must have been having a funny moment. Anyway thanks ever so much to both yourself and Rounik for your help. Chris.
  • Christian L
    Hi Chris! That's great! That was a very strange issue... I'm glad it worked! Happy crossfading!
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for letting us know Chris! Drawing s-curve crossfades can be quite addictive...enjoy ;-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: