macProVideo.com
Forums
  • ed1
    Automation
    How do you copy and paste the automation from one track to another without taking the region?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Automation
    Hi ed1, welcome to MacProVideo forms! You do need to tie the automation to a region. Another way of doing this would be to 1.create an extra lane for your current track (command-M), 2.create an empty region on this track 3. tie the automation to the empty region. Options > Automation >Move current/all track automation data to region 4. Move it around between tracks. You could also hide these automation tracks or resize them if desired to give you more room on screen. Rounik
  • amerikiwi
    ok logics automation process. I want to take 'snap shots' of fader values via automation I want to select all my tracks and add a Automation node from say bars 5-10. then a different set for 10- 20 (or some value) and so forth so Do I have to mouse click each and every track to do this? I'm looking for a key command to apply a automation node to all tracks or all selected tracks( kinda like split at play head, only I don't want a split just a Node added), then I can make 'snap shots' of each change in a scene in a move. can i do this in logic 8? how advanced it the automation? I'm comming from a Pro tools background here. I'v seen the Logic 101 automation section, but that seems more geared to automating eq filter sweep values(all great stuff but not what i need to know). Im looking at the automation from a mixing stand point of automation lots of tacks per scene in a video. any help guys? thanks Amerikiwi
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Amerikiwi So you want to automate the channel strip fader (volume)? Just follow the steps in my post above. See if it suits your workflow. It's possibly one of the quicker ways to do this. Let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: