macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Ultrabeat Step Sequencer
    Hello again everyone:) Well, I'm not sure what I've done this time, I'm so new to this stuff, but I programmed a beat using the STEP SEQUENCER in Ultrabeat, and I can hear and see the beat(s)/notes being played within Ultrabeat itself, but when I look in the arrange window in Logic and hit play, the beat plays that I made in Ultrabeat, but I CAN'T SEE ANY REGIONS OR ANYTHING!!!! Is that wierd? Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Ultrabeat Step Sequencer
    Hey Jodie! It's not weird ;-) Ultrabeat has it's own sequencer. To place the UB sequence you've made in the Arrange, check out the bottom left corner of the UB plugin. You'll see the word [i]pattern[/i] and a little box on it's right. Place your cursor over that box and the help tag will say *drag to arrange window*. Drag that box to the desired place in the Arrange and your sequence will be there! Don't forget to turn off the power button just above where it says *voice*, otherwise when the Transport plays you'll have the Arrange sequence and UB's sequence playing the same sequence. Let us know if you have any other questions. Rounik p.s. the Logic 204: Ultrabeat Exposed is a tutorial not to be missed - UB is very powerful!!! [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/ultrabeat[/url]
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Well, all I gotta say is, "YOU DA MAN:)" Thanks a lot. I just dragged the selection from the PATTERN word. Yeah, I bought the Ultrabeat Unleashed tutorial, too:) Steve H. rocks, too:) That Ultrabeat is, how did Steve put it, A MONSTER! It is a MONSTER:) Unbelievable:) Thanks again. I'm sure you'll be hearing more silly questions from me in the future. Your PHriend, Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Yup, Ultrabeat is a monster and Steve H's tutorial is a real monster tamer! Glad you're enjoying the tutorials, and by the way there are no silly questions, just questions! ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Hi again Rounik, How ya doin? Well, if you say there are no SILLY questions, alright:) but I'm so green and new to all this stuff that when I read the other forums I feel dumb! Guess ya gotta start somewhere:) I got another question for you if that's cool: When using the step sequencer in Ultrabeat, how do you get a sequence to play from like the MIDDLE of the song? Is that even possible? I've programmed 2 step sequencer beats and they both start from bar 1. Can they start at other bars in the tune? Thanks again. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie It's true, we all start somewhere... and hey if I was to start asking you questions about drumming...well I'd be very green ;-) You can trigger a pattern in UB in Pattern mode and trigger the sequence with your MIDI keyboard. Then you are able to begin the sequence at any point in your song. This is designed as a live feature. It might be easier to just drag the sequence s to the bars where you'd like them to start. Then switch off the sequencer power button on Ultrabeat and you've got all your sequences lined up where you want them. Hope that helps you. Let me know if you're not sure about my answer. Best Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Well:) I hope you're happy:) You've helped me out again:) heehee:) Thanks for the help regarding the step sequencer in Ultrabeat. I forgot to turn the sequence OFF! Thanks again. Having so much PHun with Logic:) I'm sure you'll hear from me again very soon:) Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Jodie! Glad to know Logic and Ultrabeat are giving you so much fun! Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: