macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JJ
    Using Peak as a sample editor in Logic to record?
    Hello all. Got a question for anyone that might be able to picture this. I have this idea of using Peak as my sample editor within Logic. Im trying to digitize my vinyl collection but was hoping to do it while I was working in Logic. I thought about this over and over but was wondering if I would be able to use my single convertor as the AD for just peak and use the DA for both logic and peak by routing the signal from peak to a seperate output channel than the signal from logic. Does that make sense? I havent actually tried this as Im still trying to decide which phono preamp to go with. Plus I dont have a mic pre to test my theory either. The convertor I am using is a Apogee Rosetta 200 which only has 2 channels and no pre's. My initial plan was to buy a seperate convertor and record into my laptop but if Im able to do it this way it would save me some money and time by doing two things at once. Thanks in advance for any input!
  • JJ
    Re: Using Peak as a sample editor in Logic to record?
    Well I thought id try setting it up and realized that I cant record in the sample editor. So I guess that pretty much answers my question unless someone knows a way around this. Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi JJ Could you use Peak as a standalone to record your vinyl and use Logic simultaneously for doing something else....? Why would you like to use Peak at the same time as Logic and within Logic. Peak can be assigned as an external audio editor for Logic (currently STP2 should be the default ext. audio editor). To set your editor go to: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio > Sample Editor > External Sample Editor and click on [i]set[/i] To open a file in Logic in a the ext. editor go to: Options > Audio > Open in âname of external sample editorâ. This way you can record in Logic and then export the file to Peak to fine edit if you desire. Thanks Rounik
  • JJ
    Thanks Rounik for the reply, The whole point is to do two things at once. I want to be able to work in Logic and also record into Peak. I just wasnt sure if I could do the two things at the same time given my situation with only one 2 channel convertor. Its unfortunate that I cant even try things because of my lack of equipment. Im going to give tech support a call to see if my convertor can handle the job. If it does then Ill be using Logic and Peak at the same time. Thanks again.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi JJ, I see what you mean. Not sure if it's advisable to try recording from one channel and using the other channel with Logic at the same time. No matter how powerful the computer setup you're more likely to run into glitches and core audio overloads in Logic and/or Peak. However, you could try setting the audio interface for Logic to be the internal one and Peak to use your external audio interface, or vice versa. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: