macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tedumoy
    March TNT = !
    Steve, the March TNT is inspiring, unique and has shown me things in Logic that I would have never been able to experience on my own. My favorite so far. It alone is worth being a TNT subscriber. Nice job buddy!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: March TNT = !
    +1 from me! Thanks again Steve, I've had a really lovely and creative morning putting the delay, monitor and arpeggiator to work. Am going back now to play some more! :-) Rounik
  • steveH
    Thanks! I'm so glad you guys are having fun!
  • gulplug
    Nice on Steve! One 'but' tho! Unfortunately this tutorial lacks explanation of how to (offline) bounce any song arrangement that makes use of such trickery (arpeggio, chrod memorizer, delay line)... Is there any chance of describing a proper working method/flow, step-by-step in this forum? (connecting the objcts to the sequencer input really isn't enough!) Big TIA!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi gulplug When you set up arpegiators in this way then then it's not possible to record the output of each channel or the whole arp object offline. If you want to record say one of the objects being arp'd in realtime: 1. Go to the Environment and Select the channel or channels you want to bounce to audio. 2. Set the channel(s) output to say, Bus 5. 3. Solo all the channels. 4. In the Arrange, create a new audio track. 5. Set it's Input to Bus 5. 6. Record enable it and press record. 7. stop whenever you wish. From Steve's example of the ryhthmic delays (last video) you could do this to record every element to audio and thus have quite an intricate pattern with each sound on individual tracks. To record an arpegiated region offline you'd need to place the apreggiator between the Physical input and the Sequencer objects in the Environment. Then you are able to record each MIDI note of an arpegiated sequence to a software instrument track in Logic. For more info on this check out chapters 8 & 9 of the August TNT. You can use this technique to get Logic to print every MIDI note that is being arpegiated and then bouncing individual (or the compete) track will work. Hope that helps Rounik
  • gulplug
    [quote:7638]From Steve's example of the ryhthmic delays (last video) you could do this to record every element to audio and thus have quite an intricate pattern with each sound on individual tracks. To record an arpegiated region offline you'd need to place the apreggiator between the Physical input and the Sequencer objects in the Environment. Then you are able to record each MIDI note of an arpegiated sequence to a software instrument track in Logic. For more info on this check out chapters 8 & 9 of the August TNT. You can use this technique to get Logic to print every MIDI note that is being arpegiated and then bouncing individual (or the compete) track will work. Hope that helps Rounik [/quote]Hi Rounik, Thanks. I wasn't clear in my initial post. Capturing the object MIDI output is particulary what i'm interested in. I'd really love to [i]see[/i] how that can be setup... I've successfully set this up for an arpeggiator object, but found difficulties with this, when recording is enabled while having it connected to the sequencer input, the arpeggiator's 'repeat' stops working. I'm also interested in seeing how this can be setup with a more complex chained object setup. First in the chain gets focus? See, i'm puzzled. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi gulplug, Aside from the "complex chained object setup" I'm not quite with you... Do you mean that you insert an arpegiator object between the Physical input and the Sequencer objects, and then record your arpegiator object to a MIDI region on that arpegiator's track, and then when you attempt to bounce it offline it doesn't work? I have sometimes had a note hang (sustain) and very occasionally had the arp not repeat. But, generally stopping the transport and returning to the beginning and recording over again works fine for me. Thanks Rounik
  • steveH
    Simple solution: Bounce in real time! Offline bouncing has its benefits in speed... However, there are times when it is less useful. This is one of those times. Or, as Rounik has elequently explained, patch these objects between the physical input and the sequencer.... But certain complex environments better lend themselves to realtime techniques. I use them in my live performances. Steve
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:4039]But certain complex environments better lend themselves to realtime techniques. I use them in my live performances. [/quote] Hi Steve, so you use Logic, the sequencer, arpegiators, etc while performing live? Couldn't find any links to this on your website. Would be interested to see/hear more if possible? Cheers Rounik
  • danishgreg
    Tremendous stuff.In the Hi-Fi world they call gear NWF- nice wife factor, Steve`s tutorials are definately not a NWF , cause I`ll be disappearing for the next week. Back in a weeks time
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: