macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the dim(e)
    System overload
    Hi again! I got a sample cd with express which had a few projects in their entirety to have a look at...the one I have been trying to study is the Shiny Toy Guns song It plays for about 5secs then i get hit with this message 'Disk is too slow or System Overload. (-10010) ' I have no clue why it is overloading ot how i fix it Im using a macbook pro cheers Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: System overload
    Hi Tom Don't worry this has happened to quite a few people. Have you copied th Shiny Toy guns project and files to your MacBookPro or even better run them from an external firewire HD? Are you running only Logic? How much ram do you have? What's your OS version? Are you using Logic 8.0.1. Regardless of any of your answers for the above, sometimes a project which is particularly hungry in terms of CPU (with many effects, instruments, tracks) can cause this problem. Often, the way around it is to try and play through the song a few times and Logic gets kind of warmed up ;-) Rounik
  • the dim(e)
    Hi Rounik, This gonna sound silly but im not sure where to find out how much ram I have or my OS version? Im using logic express most updated I think. Only running Logic I have'nt copied them onto macbook, had the cd running? I have an external hardrive but its USB not firewire HD I cant get the track to runthrough on Logic at all to warm up? Cheers Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tom Copy the project to your mac's Hard disk and then run it. Trying to run any project from a CD or DVD can more easily cause issues. To find out more info about your mac, got to the blue apple icon (top right of screen), click it, and select *about this mac* This window will tell you your OS version, the speed of your mac and how much ram you have. The nature of Hard drives etc means that when running audio or video it's always better to run the Operating system and program (logic) from the internal HD and if possible use an external drive (much preferably firewire) to run samples or projects from. For the time being though, copy the project from DVD to your HD. That should make a dramatic difference! Also, you can check your buffer I/O Christian wrote some advice about it in this thread: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=7568[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    HI, Logic simply won't be able to play it from DVD. You really need to copy it to your HD. I also get this error sometimes just after loading a project. All I do is wait a few seconds and I hit play again and it usually plays fine. Also, the I/O buffer setting can make a big difference.
  • the dim(e)
    Thanks guys, where should I check the I/0 buffer?
  • Rounik Admin
    go to: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio > Core Audio tab to change the I/O Buffer settings. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: