macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Ninja
    can't play instruments
    hi when i choose a new software instrument and try to use a garageband or any jamp pack instrument from the Library section, a small window pops up saying (File not Found resuld code = -43). I have no idea what this means so can someone please help me out. Thanks, Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: can't play instruments
    Hi Abhi The message I beleive means Logic can't find the audio files it's looking for. In this case, it seems to be jam packs and GB instruments. Have you deleted the Garageband instruments from your hard drive or moved them to another hard drive? if you go to: HD / Library / Application Support / Garageband check that there are no duplicates of any folders there. Also check in the same way in: HD / Library / Audio / Apple Loops / Apple / for any duplicated folders or sub-folders. ---- Another thing would be to restart your machine and see if it works. If not, go to: Applications/Utilities and run Disk Utility. Click on your internal HD and repair permissions. Restart and try again. Does any of that help? Rounik
  • AbbeyRhodes
    I had the exact same issue when i started using Logic 8. Had no idea what it was, and it actually went away after a while. Whenever it happened i could only get around it by restarting Logic. It may have been fixed in a software update, so you could try updating Logic using the software updater in System Preferences.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Fusilli, Out of interest what Operating system are you on & was it Logic 8 you also had the issue with? To Abhi, same questions...OS and version of Logic? Best Rounik
  • AbbeyRhodes
    I got a brand new Macbook 2.2 which came preinstalled with leopard, and i am using logic 8. I'd bought everything new and Logic Studio was the first thing i installed on it (it was a glorious day indeed). As i said i haven't encountered the problem recently. It was only ever when browsing through specifically instrument presets and jam pack instruments in the media tab on the right.
  • Logic Ninja
    Hey Rounik, unfortunately i'm still having the same problem. I have tried everything, even the updates, but no respond. Can't play those instruments for some reason. Any suggestions? Abhi
  • Logic Ninja
    Hey Rounik, and everyone else who is reading this. So, i figured out the solution to the problem in like a minute since my last post. Anyway, what you have to do to play the jampacks is select a brand new instrument section and that's it. I hope this helped. Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Abhi I don't understand what you mean by "select a brand new instrument section". Do you mean you create a new track in the Arrange? Rounik
  • Logic Ninja
    Hey Rounik, sorry for the awkard wording, but that's what i meant. Thanks for rephrasing it correctly. Abhi
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: