macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Channel Strip dB reading
    Hello everyone. Can someone tell me how to read the channel strip dB readings in the inspector:) I'm watching the Core Logic Pro 8 DVD tutorial, and Martin says that when the level fader is set at 0.00dB and the clip indicator is at 5.0dB, for example, he says that it is read as MINUS 5.0dB. Can someone tell me why it is read as MINUS? Also, when the clip indicator is at -5.0dB, it is read as MINUS 5.0dB. Can someone explain all this? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Channel Strip dB reading
    Hey Jodie! Which chapter are you referring to from the Logic 101 videos? For more info on decibels check this out: [url]http://www.jimprice.com/prosound/db.htm[/url] I think it will explain it a lot better than me.... but this is what I understand, which may not be 100% accurate!... If this level meter reaches 0db that's the highest level digital gear can accept before causing clipping and thus distortion. If the Clip Indicator reads -5.0db you have 5db of headroom before the level begins clipping. If the clip indicator read 5.0db (and is red) then you have clipped the signal by 5db. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: