macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tewuwuu
    I made the switch from PT...I need help with Mac Pro setup.
    I just bought Logic 8 after working with ProTools for 10 years. As a matter of fact my entire system is new so I'm a little overwhelmed. As far as setting up my Mac Pro, Do I still need to allocate ram, Partition my drives, turn off certain extentions, etc...? This is my rig; mac pro 3.0 8 core w/6 gigs ram logic pro 8 apogee ensemble Thanks for any help!!!! I can tell this is going to be a good relationship!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: I made the switch from PT...I need help with Mac Pro setup.
    Hi NativeStone, Welcome to MacProVideo forums & the wonderful world of Logic! You don't need to allocate ram. If you wish to partition drives - it's really a personal choice...Logic will work better if you record to / run samples & projects from a separate drive (i.e. not the drive that runs your OS and Logic). It could be an external or a second internal. It might help to partition a spare or external HD as a backup drive. I do this. In my opinion, install Logic, install the 8.0.1 update, hold back from installing the Leopard 10.5.2 update - stick with 10.5.1 (that's only my opinion - others may disagree), get the latest drivers for Apogee Ensemble (lovely ;-) and of course, the Logic 101 tutorials: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] and you should be up and running! I really hope you enjoy the mac & Logic journey! If you have any questions, we'll do our best to help :) Best Rounik
  • Tewuwuu
    Thanks, Rounik!! I bought three videos yesterday, the logic 101, OS x, and the one about the drum samples. My last mac has lasted me 10 years! I'm lost on this new machine. So many things have changed. My brother turned me on to Logic and explained to me why so many engineers in Nashville are making the move. I'll take your advice on what to update. I'll let you know when I finally lay some tracks down. Cheers, Drew
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Drew! It sounds like both a scary and exciting time with your new mac! Any mac/logic related questions just pop back here and we'll do our best to help out. In the meantime, enjoy getting to know Leopard and Logic & of course the 101 videos which are excellent! ;-) Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: