macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mobajii
    Processing particular audio regions
    I've been trying to figure out if there is a way to just process one audio region of a track without it affecting the rest of the track. I know I can automate an effect through a bus but that is not really what I want to achieve. Essentially it is just like highlighting a wave in protools and then processing it with the audio suite. I feel like I would be able to have less tracks with a variety of different affected audio regions and use less cpu. Thanks I have the tutorial and looked through the books and can't find the answer.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Processing particular audio regions
    Hi Alex Welcome to the MacProVideo forums! What kind of effects do you wish to place on the audio region? If these are volume, pitch and fades, reversing, groove changing, etc then you can use the Sample Editor's Audio suite. First, cut out the part of the audio file you wish to affect to create a new region. Control click on the region and select Convert to new audio file(Option-Command-F). In the Sample Editor you can now apply any of the audio suite functions (which are destructive) and they will be applied just to your new audio file's region. ---- To save on CPU you could just insert plug-in effects as normal and then freeze the tracks, or bounce the individual regions down, re-import them and place on as many tracks as desired. Let me know if that works for you. Cheers Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Hi Rounik thanks for the quick response. I know I can do reverses, fades, etc. in the sample editor(learned that in the tutorial ha), but lets say I want delay on a guitar, then have tremolo later on, have a distorted and then clean on one track? In sample editor I can't seem to open up those audio suite functions, I see all the others you mention but no delays or other ones. Thanks for the other tips I might try that for another application.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alex, The Audio suite in the Sample Editor doesn't have access to these effects. What you can do more easily is use Logic's automation to use effects at different times and even bypass them (saving cpu) right within the Arrange. If you feel cpu usage is still an issue then solo each track with the effects and automation and bounce them to audio and re-import them into the project or simply freeze the track including it's effects and automation. Another option is to bounce your gtr track clean and bring it into the audio bin. Then do the same except with a delay effect, and then again with say, tremolo. Now you have three tracks...cut and paste the regions you wish to use onto one track. One tip, to create extra lanes for a track press Command - M - then you can place the different audio regions onto the same track but an individual lane. Logic will only play one of the lanes through the track's output - but it's easier to organise this way. Let me know if any of this helps you. Thanks Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Ok I'm going to try this later and see how it works. Thanks
  • Christian L
    There is no way to do this in Logic at the moment. Maybe in a future version... However, it is possible with the Soundtrack Pro application (included with Logic Studio).
  • Mobajii
    Thanks for the heads up. It seems like such a basic tool that should be included but maybe I'm missing on an insight that the designers had.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: