macProVideo.com
Forums
  • md
    bugs L8
    hi, i constantly get this �system overload� screen... even on 10 channels mix...dunno why this happens i tried it all... ,for some time its ok and then ...boom again. another bug which should be solved in 8.01...has apeared again...audio channels suddenly not assigned properly,or chanels dubbling in plugins,so i figure it out if i reassign them they can be heard again... it took me some time to find out what is going on...dough. i have 0sx 10.4.11 , 6 gig of ram, 2x2.66 xeon, 3+1 HD inside,2 uad cards...and firewire projectmix i/o i get the procesor spikes or almost idle CPU activity im gonna sell it an go in to banana biz ... or should i upgrade to leopard? m.
  • Christian L
    Re: bugs L8
    Hi md, Did you try increasing the I/O buffer in Logic Pro/Performances/Audio/Devices/Core Audio ? It can help a lot. You can also check out these threads for more info: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=7565&sid=#7580[/url][url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=7568[/url]
  • md
    hi i did,it helps for a while and then it drops back again ... m. im gonna reformat the HD drives ... ive heard it should be different format...not journaled ,is this truth? m.
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Christian, How are you? I keep getting the same message that md said, SYSTEM OVERLOAD, and I really don't understand the I/O Buffer that you're talking about. Currently, mine is set at 256. Should I go higher or lower? Also, what does the I/O Safety Buffer switch do? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie Can you remind us of your OS and Logic versions and mac.... setting the buffer size higher will decrease strain on your cpu (you can run more tracks) but increase latency (the time between when you hit play a note and hear it esp. while recording). You should go higher, but the level you will go to depends on how much latency you can bear! It's often good to increase it when mixing and decrease it when recording. Cheers, Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:44659] Also, what does the I/O Safety Buffer switch do? s. Jodie[/quote] The I/O Safety Buffer may be useful when using a very low I/O buffer size. It helps to prevent pops and crackling noises but will increase latency. I normally set this option to "off".
  • Jehubyi
    Hi again Rounik, How ya doin? I have a MAC OS X Version 10.5.2 / Processor 2.2 GHz / Memory 1 GB. OK, I understand the I/O Buffer details. I guess I should try from 256 to 512 first, and then if the problem is still there, try 1024? Thanks as always. Jodie p.s. Sorry for asking all these questions:( I'm a drummer trying to figure out this high-tech stuff:)
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Christian, Thanks for the advice. Now, is 256 a low I/O Buffer size to turn the I/O Safety Buffer off? I am at 256 now with it off and having that problem. Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie Hope you're well! It depends what you're doing. If you're listening back, mixing then go for the highest value possible (1024) If you're recording then the lower you can get the better. Other things to consider, it helps to habe an external firewire 7,200 rpm HD to record your projects onto. Better than running them off the internal slower HD of your macbook pro. Cheers, Rounik Also, try turning off your bluetooth (if you have it on). I remember reading somewhere that occasionally that causes this issue with Leopard (10.5.x)
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, What's up? Yeah, my guitar player told me that I NEED 7200 rpm HD. That's probably the reason why, eh! I'll also check the bluetooth now. Thanks. Jodie p.s. Where do you live anyway? London?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: