macProVideo.com
Forums
  • AbbeyRhodes
    Pops and clicks when bouncing
    Just wondering if anybody knows anything about this. I consider it to be a major problem since the presence of pops and clicks in a bounce makes it completely unusable. I've looked this problem up elsewhere and people have suggested deleting the fade files, or playing an empty bar several times to clear the buffer but neither of these work for me. It also seems pretty unreasonable that i should have to do this just to bounce a file properly. The pops and clicks happen at exactly the same point in the song every time i try to bounce. They are not in the audio files because when i play them separately or from a different start point in logic they are not there. This is incredibly frustrating and i might have to take my raw files and bounce them on my friend's protools rig if i can't get rid of it. oh and i have the latest logic 8, leopard and a 2.2 ghz macbook with 4 GB ram, so it's not that.
  • Christian L
    Re: Pops and clicks when bouncing
    Hi! Make sure the output is not overloading at this point in your song. You could also try to bounce in realtime or offline to see if it makes any difference.
  • AbbeyRhodes
    I finally figured out what it was! It took a while to figure it out though... It was caused by certain automation parameters, mostly it was caused by automation of high latency insert effects to bypass at certain points. The click didn't happen right at the point where it was bypassed or un-bypassed, but as much as 2-4 seconds after the point, which is why i didn't initially think that it was automation causing the problem. So i can't automate the bypass of certain effects. I can understand why it's happening now though.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Fusilli, Glad to hear you figured it out! automating bypass can sometimes cause clicks and pops.... another way to automate an effect is to place it on a bus and automate the send from your audio/soft. inst track to that bus. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: