macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mobajii
    Recording problem on one of my songs..
    Hi, I have several projects on my external drive but this particular project now doesn't allow to me to record anymore within it. All my other projects work fine and this one opens but when I hit record I get the following message: Record drive/partition/audio files not found! When I look at it through logic the audio files are transparent but through a Finder window, everything appears fine. I'm confused, what can it be?
  • Christian L
    Re: Recording problem on one of my songs..
    Hi Alex, Try to save your project again under a different name (File > Save as...). Make sure that "Includes assets" and "Copy external audio files to project folder" are checked. Tell me if it helps or not.
  • Mobajii
    I tried it and still prompts the same message when I hit record. I know I couldn't have lost the files because they all play but it just doesn't allow recording.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alex, Go to the project folder in a Finder Window. Select the folder and select File > Get Info. Is the folder "Locked"? If so Unlock it. Also check the permissions. Is the folder allowing you to "read & write"? Try this for the individual audio files within the project folder too. Does this help? Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Hey Rounik, I tried all of it and everything was there as described but the problem is still happening. The folders are not locked and they can read and write, any other advice that you think may help?
  • Rounik Admin
    I have an idea I hope might work. I'm gonna investigate it on my own system... I'll post back here soon. Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alex Try going to: File > Project settings Check your recording Folder settings. If necessary set it to the audio folder within your project folder. If this doesn't work, go to File > Project > Consolidate... Let me know if that does the trick. Cheers Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Amazing, when I consolidated it did the trick. Thanks for the help, I think I would thrown my laptop at a wall already if it weren't for you guys haa.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Alex, Really glad to know it's working properly now and that your laptop is on your desk and not against the wall ;-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: