macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the dim(e)
    Midi Controllers
    OK So I posted a short while ago regarding Midi controllers.... I bought the AKAI-MPK49 I set up today and am able to trigger notes/sounds though logic as expected.... now this thing came with presets for other packages such as reason and cubase but no logic... I am stumped on how I assign the midi controls to manipulate the softsynth controls? e.g cutoff Is there a procedure that needs to becarried out on all midi controllers to assign external controls.. Or is anyone else using the AKAI who could help?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Midi Controllers
    Hi dime, I dunno about the AKAI but to learn controls to a MIDI controller is nice and easy! 1. move or press the parameter which you want to be controlled by the AKAI. 2. Press Command - L The Controller Assignments window opens. 3. Make sure the [i]Learn mode[i/] button is highlighted. 4. Move the knob, button, fader on your MIDI controller. The Input message should show some MIDI info & the Parameter should also be displayed in the relevant box. 5. Close the window, move the knob, fader, button & it should work just fine. Sometimes, it may take a little "over" moving of said knob/fader/button before it's recognised by Logic - but generally it works fine for me in Logic8! Enjoy, Rounik BTW, do let us know your impressions of the AKAI-MPK49 sometime :-)
  • the dim(e)
    Re: Midi Controllers
    Nice one! I have been pulling my hair out all day! I will have a good fiddle and give you some feedback on the Akai cheers again! Tom
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: