macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    SMPTE Format
    Hello again everyone:) Yet another question from me:) I understand that the SMPTE involves the current position of the playhead in hours, seconds, minutes, frames, etc., but what does the actual "SMPTE" stand for? Also, has anyone ever used or is using the free Soundflower audio interface that Martin used in his Core Logic Pro 8 tutorial? If so, how is it? I'm currently using an M-Audio MobilePreUSB audio interface and am just wondering what Soundflower is. Thanks again. Jodie (Logic Pro 8 PRO wannabe):)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: SMPTE Format
    Hey Jodie I nabbed this from the gloassary section of the Logic manual: SMPTE: Abbreviation for Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers. The organization responsible for establishing a synchronization system that divides time into hours, minutes, seconds, frames, and subframes (SMPTE time code). I've used Soundflower a long time ago in a galaxy far...... It basically allows you to route audio between applications *easily*. Here's more info: [url]http://www.cycling74.com/products/soundflower[/url] Ja ne ;-) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Well, I must say this, "you are PUNCTUAL":) hahahahaha:) What time is it there? It's Wed. night around 8:40pm here. OK, thanks for that abbrev. Where in the manual did you see that? Oh shoot man, I just went to the glossary in the manual! DUH! Thanks though:) Jodie p.s. I'll check out that link now, too. Thanks:)
  • Rounik Admin
    It's 11.45am here. Time for lunch and then some training :-) Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    OK you're about 10 hours behind here. Have a good lunch. When you say time for training, what exactly do you mean? Are you employed by macProvideo? Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:44659]When you say time for training, what exactly do you mean?[/quote] I do training in Logic in Bristol and other parts of the UK. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Sweet:) Cool job:)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: