macProVideo.com
Forums
  • md
    powerbook 1.67 os 10.5.2 no go!
    hi, just upgraded to os 10.5.2 and ... logic will not even start... crashes at starup. ive tried anything that i know but nothing... luckily ive done it on my powerbook just to check it... my mac pro will wait with upgrading...with os 10.4.11 i can at least open the app...heh just wanted to share this with you... m. garageband also no go, cubase also... os 10.5.2???????? steve, whats happening,with sad eyes im looking to my dusty ol g4733 os 9,those were the days... i didnt bought mac to download mp3 music or to watch divx movies...or mpeg4.or to easily send mails and whats with ilife...just built the f...... console for it(ipod-ilife)...and leave us alone.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: powerbook 1.67 os 10.5.2 no go!
    Hi md That's strange! I know others have installed and used Logic 8.0.1 on Leopard 10.5.1 on their powerbooks 1.67. Have you downloaded the latest updates for iLife & Cubase ? Is there a way you downgrade to 10.5.1. Have you installed the prokit? Have you repaired permissions on your powerbook? Best Rounik
  • md
    hi, yes ive done it all, and i cant go down to 5.1 hm m.
  • Cajypiu
    Hi md, have you checked your RAM? I've noticed a few powerbooks coming through recently not necessarily with faulty RAM, but dodgy slots where you put the RAM in to. How much RAM did you install and is that different to what is being acknowledged by the system?
  • md
    hi i have 1.5 gb of ram... and im back to10.4.11 logic is working fine for now... m.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: