macProVideo.com
Forums
  • morgalex
    Ultrabeat: Cannot "Drag & Drop" Samples from the &
    Anyone else not able to drop a sample from the Bin into UB? Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Works fine from the Browser, but not from the Bin. Thanks! Morgan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Ultrabeat: Cannot "Drag & Drop" Samples from t
    Hi Morgan, Yes, same issue here too. You can drag an audio file into an Ultrabeat sample box from the browser and a Finder window but not from the Audio Bin. Rounik
  • Christian L
    No, you can't drag from the Bin to Ultrabeat. It would be a great feature though...
  • morgalex
    Thanks for the clarification. That's too bad... Was hoping to create/manage a list of favorite samples. Morgan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Morgan, Hopefully the Apple developers will consider this for a future version. In the meantime, if you want to have a list of fav samples in your project folder which have been loaded into an Ultrabeat kit, Save as... and make sure that you have Include Assets ticked and Copy Ultrabeat samples to project folder ticked too. In the Media Window, go to Browser tab and navigate to your project folder. In the project folder you'll see an "Ultrabeat samples" folder. Open it and you can see all the samples in your UB kit. Another option would be to create a folder in a finder window. Put your samples in the folder and switch between Logic and the folder (or have both on screen at the same time) so you drag and drop and see the folders contents. Not ideal, but useful if you copy the folder to your project folder. Cheers Rounik
  • morgalex
    Yep, great tips. Knew of them both, but seemed like adding files to the bin was a great way to audition/add samples quickly. I would like to have a select list that I can load with projects and swap in/out of UB... Seems like I'll have to do what I've been dreading - figure out a good way to audition samples outside of Logic and create new folders of my favorite samples. If you have any tips or know any (free?) apps to aid in this, I'm all ears! Thanks, Morgan
  • morgalex
    Oh yeah, was trying to remember an app I tried once that might do the job. It's called AudioFinder: http://www.icedaudio.com/ It's not free, though. Certain features in the demo disable after a bit, unless you buy. Morgan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Morgan Check out this post by Brian: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/gear&id=6816[/url] it's about snapper: [url]http://www.audioease.com/Pages/Snapper/SnapperMain.html[/url] :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: