macProVideo.com
Forums
This thread has been flagged as solved.
  • Solus
    Set up Moog Sub 37 in Logic
    Hi, How do I set up a moog Sub 37 so I can use it in logic? Do i use an External Instrument Track? Also, do i use local control on or off? Thanks for the forums and TIA!
  • Joe A
    Re: Set up Moog Sub 37 in Logic
    Right on both counts.. The usual method would be to use External Instrument on an Instrument track, sending the MIDI out to the Sub 37 and setting the audio return to the extra interface input(s) you've plugged the 37's audio out(s) into. The MIDI performance gets recorded on the Instrument track, with the audio in playback coming in live via the External Instrument plugin. Normally for studio use I *would* turn Local Off on the Sub 37, to make sure there's no accidental double-triggering. (Just remember to turn it back on before you pull the 37 out of the studio for a gig).. :-) And don't forget -- with live audio coming in from the Sub 37 in playback, you'd have to Bounce in realtime, unless you decide to patch the Instrument track into an Audio track and record it.. The video below discusses all of this, starting at around 2:20..
  • Solus
    Wow, super helpful video thanks! Bit confused on the bounce thing but it seems to make sense. I'll go play with that. Great resource here!
  • Joe A
    The reference to Bouncing just means that as long as the sound from the Sub 37 is coming in to the External Instrument, if you wanted to perform a Bounce-to-disk (using the Bounce button at the bottom of the Master LR (Stereo Output) channel), you'd have to make sure that in the Bounce dialog Mode selection the Realtime button is checked, not the Offline button..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: