macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Retrieving Channel Strip Setting from Logic 7 in Logic 8
    Hello, I was trying to reload a channel strip setting on a old template but I changed the instrument so I was trying to go back to the previous setting. Sense I use Logic 8 now I cannot reload it because it doesn't exist in Logic 8. I don't want to reinstall logic 7 to get the channel strip setting but if I did would it be automatically updated anyway because 8 is installed on the same computer? Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Retrieving Channel Strip Setting from Logic 7 in Logic 8
    Hi What's the name of the channel strip setting in Logic 7 that you're looking for and which section is it located in?
  • dynamicalan
    The name of one of the channel strip is Moving Synth Strings. The others are backward bowed piano Koto String (I have the sound) bright pop piano. The sounds that are loaded in the Instrument are not the same as the channel strip and I can find them but not the channel strip. The locations are not clear because they don't show up in the channel strip menu and the library refers to the instrument location. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, I checked in Logic 7's default channel strips for your three request CSS (Channel strip settings). I could not find them there. However, upon re-reading your last post, I wonder if might have confused the CSS with instrument presets...? Thanks, Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, that's really bazaar. I know it was a template done in Logic 7 and I have and I can grab the section if you wish but I can't attach it to this forum. Thanks for checking. Sincerely, Alan
  • dynamicalan
    Is there a way to check info to see how it got there? I can't undo the step because it is empty. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan If you go to a backup of your Logic 7 project you should be able to open one saved before you changed the channel strip. If you have any of your backups of the project that'd also be useful ;-) Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, I checked on my system and I can't find the channel strip you mentioned except the Backward Bowed Piano. In Logic 8, this CS is located in 01 Acoustic Pianos / Warped Pianos / Backward Bowed Piano.
  • dynamicalan
    I do have have backup templates but they are the same. I checked an external library I ever had using Logic 7 and it only loads the instrument not a channel strip. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, Don't understand what you mean by an "external library".... but anyway, I found an old backup drive of Logic 7 pre-Logic 8 was installed (as it is on my other backup systems).... and good news, I've found the CS's you want: You can download them from here: [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/w0l78d[/url] [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/gn5ol1[/url] [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/kp5s4y[/url] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: