macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic22
    Discard last recording confusion.
    Can anyone explain why in my Logic 8 while trying to use the "Discard Recording and return to Last Play Position" (Command +.) only works while actually still in record mode and the Playhead is moving. In the MacPro video it seems to work when the playhead is stopped. It won't work for me like that.
  • Christian L
    Re: Discard last recording confusion.
    It only works while still in record. What tutorial video # are you referring to ?
  • Logic22
    Logic 8 101 Chapter 125 about 1 minute in.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Logic, I've tried this out on my system (Logic 8.0.1) and it also does not work when the Transport is stopped. However, I checked it out in the Logic manual which states: "This key command discards the [b]running[/b] recording, deletes the corresponding files from the Audio Bin, and moves the playhead back to the last play position". It would appear that it's designed to be used while recording and not when the Transport is stopped. Perhaps pre 8.0.1 it also worked when the Transport was stopped? Cheers Rounik
  • Logic22
    Thanks for the reply Rounik. I would have thought that it would be useful to be able to use this Key Command when the Transport is stopped because there are times when you are not sure whether the last take was worth keeping or not and need to audition it again before deciding to discard (or not.)
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Logic. I agree, it would be nice to have that functionality. Perhaps in the next update? There is of course a way that requires a couple more keystrokes... with the region selected, press delete. Press Return/Enter to confirm you wanna delete the newly recorded audio file. And use your key command to return to the last position. I find recording [i]Takes[/i] better for my workflow though. Cheers Rounik
  • kaoko
    hello guys, First of all, thank you for these tutorials macprovideo i use the same way, i need to : press delete. Press Return/Enter to confirm you wanna delete the newly recorded audio file. And use your key command to return to the last position it's really impossible to activate the auto delete when finished our record and that you use this command ? because in the tutorial logic 101 lesson 125 " using a count-in (02:39) Martin Sitter shows and explains this. How he do that ! :) thanks for your answer kaoko from france.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: