macProVideo.com
Forums
  • AbbeyRhodes
    Setting up multiple midi input devices
    I just bought a new Korg PadKontrol, which is great, only one problem. How do i route it so that the padkontroller is dedicated to controlling an ultrabeat track, while my novation controls another track. Sounds fairly complicated but i'm sure it must be possible to do by routing it through the environment somehow. I haven't had any luck trying to figure it out myself though. Any advice? It would really make it perfect for live use, imagine playing ultrabeat and massive at the same time, one hand each...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Setting up multiple midi input devices
    Hey Fusilli. I haven't got two midi controllers to try this out with but it should go something like this. In the Arrange select the Ultrabeat Channel Strip and set it's channel to 1. Record enable the second track and set it's channel to 2. Both tracks should be record enabled and transmitting on different channels. Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, Do you have Logic Studio ? If you want to play live, it could be more convenient to use Mainstage. Here's how to create a simple 2 instruments / 2 controllers setup in MainStage: 1-Select the Others / Starter Concert template 2-In Layout, drag 2 keyboards in the workspace (or better yet, in your situation you could drag drumpads). 3-In the inspector, select the proper controller under "Device" for each keyboard /drumpad. 4-In Edit Mode select the software instrument you want under the I/O section of the 1st channel strip (located at the right of the screen). 5-Click on the "+" to add a new channel strip. Click on the I/O section and select the 2nd software instrument you want. 6-Select the first Channel Strip and choose your 1st controller under "Input" in the inspector. 7-Do the same for the second Channel Strip, but choose your 2nd controller as the input. Voila! I hope it's clear...
  • AbbeyRhodes
    I actually don't like using Mainstage. I realise it's supposed to be a much better application for live use, but i have a problem with it. It always causes my macbook's cooling fan to turn on at max speed, making it rather more noisy than i would prefer. This happens even if i don't actually do anything in the program. Just having it running seems to make the fan turn on at full blast after about 30 seconds. As far as doing it in Logic, changing the midi channel seems to be related to the midi output, and doesn't actually do anything since i'm not running multiple midi outs. Out of curiosity, does anyone else have the cooling fan issue with Mainstage?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: