macProVideo.com
Forums
This thread has been flagged as solved.
  • Bulycui
    CoreMidi not working.On a macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Hi, I have the latest upgrade 10.4.5 from LogicPro X. For some reason when my Arrange widow opens it gives me a message stating that, `Error Initialising coreMidi.Warning Services are not available. I changed the buffer size to 512 and it still no midi on any channel. I have Ultralite and I have downloaded all the updated drivers from your website. And still, No Sound Card shows up? Spoke to Motu Technical and they seem to run out of ideas. Need help, Thanks
  • Joe A
    Re: CoreMidi not working.On a macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Short of reinstalling the whole OS (as I'm sure Apple would suggest), maybe try refreshing the MIDI setup in the AudioMIDI Setup utility -- that worked for me when I first installed Mojave (I also had to reinstall the MOTU driver and even the old Emagic MT4 MIDI driver (both of which which work fine under 10.14.5 with Logic 10.4.6). Can you determine if it's specifically a Logic/CoreMIDI issue, or a general CoreMIDI issue -- if you have any other DAWs on your system, do they have CoreMIDI problems also?
  • Bulycui
    Thank you for your response. I was very, very lucky today, after a week of stress.. Apple support Logic Pro10. Help me through it and it's now fixed. I was online for 2 hours trying every possibility. This guy found the problem. Don't ask me how he solved. It was too complicated. Thanks again for your help.All the best. Tom
  • Joe A
    I'm glad you got it working! I've found that Apple tech support has been quite responsive lately, especially if you get through to a senior tech -- very thorough when it comes to troubleshooting. :-)
  • Bulycui
    Hi, Joe, I guess I was a little bit premature about the outcome of Apple tech. After I worked on my tune I closed it down this morning and I got the same issue. I reset the midi drivers in both Audio midi and then in LogicPro X midi. Then I restarted the computer and it came to the same issue. So I reset Audio midi set up and then it worked???? You ask me a question? it is a Logic/ core midi issue only. Where did you download the Emagic MT4 driver for Mac? And what year update do I install for my Mac !0.14.6? Can you send me a link? Thanks for your time and help. BTW I can't imagine going through this for the next week. What a nightmare.` Quote` Infinite patience brings immediate results`. Yea, I wonder sometimes.
  • Joe A
    Hi Bulycui - Since you mention the Ultralite, I gather your MIDI connection is the MIDI i/o on the Utralite audio interface -- in that case there should be no need for the MT4 driver, the MIDI i/o on the Ultralite would require the MOTU MIDI driver. ( Just FYI the old Emagic driver can be downloaded at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl991?locale=en_US but, again, you shouldn't need this for your setup -- it's not a generic MIDI driver, but one only for specific older Emagic MIDI hardware interfaces. ) A couple of things come to mind -- you may have tried these, but I'll mention them anyway.. - First, what are the specs of your system? (Ultralite model, Mac model/year, ports on the Mac) - How is the Ultralite connected? USB2, USB3, Thunderbolt, FireWire, FW->TB adaptor, etc.. - What is the MIDI device you're using (keyboard, control surface) that's plugged into the Ultralite's MIDI in? - If the Ultralite is connected via USB, is it connected to a USB hub? If so, try a direct connection instead -- audio/MIDI devices often have issues when connected through a hub, and it's generally recommended that that be avoided. It sounds like you're plugging the actual MIDI device (keyboard, whatever) into the MOTU's MIDI in with on old-fashioned MIDI DIN cable -- as a test, it might be worth trying to connect the MIDI device without using the MOTU MIDI i/o (if possible) to see if that's where the problem lies: - If the MIDI device (keyboard) also has a USB MIDI connection, can you try plugging it directly into the computer (again, no hub) via a USB port? This may require a MIDI driver for direct connection, unless the MIDI device is class-compliant, which means it'd use the Apple MIDI driver built-in to the OS. - If the MIDI device only has older MIDI (DIN) connections, can you try a different MIDI device with a USB MIDI connection, as a test? Ideally, this would be a MIDI keyboard that uses the OS's built-in MIDI driver (class-compliant), to eliminate the possibility of another driver issue. (You could temporarily remove the MOTU driver (running the audio through the built-in audio output if need be) to eliminate that driver from the equation while testing the USB MIDI connection). Anyway, I hope you're able to resolve the issue -- please let us know if/when you do find a solution, since this kind of problem is not uncommon..
  • Bulycui
    Hi, Joe, I will try all you recommend and then let you know. I have actually been using the same setup Korg 01W/fd and Ultralite for at least since the year 2000. Never had anything wrong with any update until now with Core Midi. Just had to update drivers which many of these companies don't keep up. Anyway, I'll try your suggestions. Thanks again for your help. Tom
  • Student444804
    Have the same issue after updating to the newest version of Mojave (10.14.6). A friend of mine also has this issue on his machine as well.
  • Joe A
    Apparently that CoreMIDI error message has been reported with Logic and earlier versions of Mojave as well. No definitive solution that I could find, but suggestions have included opening up the AudioMIDI Setup utility before opening Logic, wait for the MIDI driver to show as active there (even it it takes a while), and then opening Logic—if nothing else is working, I guess that might be worth a try.. I suspect it's probably a system-specific issue that may only show up with certain combinations of Mac model/system/driver, making it that much harder to solve..
  • Bulycui
    Hi, Joe. After 5 long weeks of nightmares. This young man from Montreal Logic Pro X forum found the solution. He told me to get rid of all the Korg drivers and trash them. And that did the trick. It was that simple. I spoke to 4 Logic Pro X so-called experts and they kept me going around circles with no solution, also found a way to get my 01/Wfd synth sounds to work via external midi. Which I should have done that 20 years ago because everything is midi now. No more audio takes on solos to get them perfect. I can now fix notes via midi. Anyway, there you have it in my situation. This was the first time with an update that really through me in a stressful spin-in 20 years with Logic. I learn something from all this. Don't do automatic updates until you read what they say on the forums for at least 6 months or more. Anyway thanks for your input, help, time. Have a great day.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: