macProVideo.com
Forums
This thread has been flagged as solved.
  • Student445281
    Logic Pro Saving As A Package
    Hello! I am in a Music Production Program online and for a project in Logic Pro we are directed to download the file give (done) and unzip the file. I have no idea what that means or what exactly to do. The next instructions say to save the file with "Save Copy As..." and select the 'package' option. This option for me is grayed out and is not available for me to select. I'm wondering if this is because I couldn't unzip the file. So I am wondering what I should do! Thank you so much!!
  • Joe A
    Re: Logic Pro Saving As A Package
    > ..I have no idea what [unzip the file] means or what exactly to do.. Ok, first off, a zipped file has been data-compressed for transport. If it's a standard .zip file, to unzip it on a Mac all you should have to do is double-click it, and the unzipped file should appear next to it. However, if you were able to open the downloaded Logic Project, and the Save Copy As... command gave you the dialog box with the Package vs Folder option, it sounds like you must have succeeded in unzipping it (maybe it unzipped automatically on download?) > ..[the 'package' option] for me is grayed out.. Apparently the Save Copy As... option makes an exact copy in the same format as the original, and so the Folder vs Package option is greyed out. You should be able to see if the Package option is checked even though it's greyed out, and if it is, then just go ahead and do the Save Copy As... and you should end up with a copy in Package format. If the Folder option is checked, then you might have to do a Save As... instead to save as a Project, but I'd expect whoever prepared the file probably saved it in the desired format so hopefully it'll work as intended. But remember, after you do a Save Copy As, the open file is still the original Project, so you'd have to make sure to name the copy slightly differently, then close that original Project and open the new Save Copy As... file to work in the new Project.
  • Student445281
    Thank you so much!
  • Joe A
    Glad to help! :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: