macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rupyriu
    Logic Loop Problem
    Hi, I recently bought some 3rd party Apple Loops to use in Logic. I got them into the Loop Library, but it turned out that the creator made an error when he made these loops. The names were too long and they did not automatically adjust to various tempos. He fixed the problem, I moved the loops to the trash and installed the newly named replacement loops. Unfortunately, the old loops are still in the loop browser even though I can't find any of the original loops on my computer. How can I get these 500+ loops out of the loop browser?
  • Christian L
    Re: Logic Loop Problem
    Hi jmunsen, Here's a tric to reindex the appleloops browser : 1-Open the loop browser 2-Search for a default apple loop (for exemple 70s ballad drums 01). 3-Search the "70s ballad drums 01.aif" file in your finder. It should be in "HD-Library-Audio-Apple Loops-Apple-Apple Loops for GarageBand". 4-Drag the "70s balla drum 01.aif" file to your desktop. 5-In the Logic Loop browser, select the "70s Ballad Drums 01" loop. 6-Logic will tell you it can't find the file and ask you if you want to re-index all your appleloops. 7-Go back to your finder and, replace the file to it's original folder. 8-Click on "Reindex Loops" in your Logic loop browser. Take care!
  • Rounik Admin
    Nice tip Christian! It'd be nice to put this in a sticky or in a Tips section!
  • Christian L
    Hi Rounik! Yeah, a tips section in the forum would be nice. It could be a good place to share and learn new tricks. That reindex loop browser tip can be very useful. Too bad Apple doesn't provide a "reindex appleloops" button... it would be easier. Take care!
  • Rupyriu
    This looked like such a good solution, but when I tried to do it, I noticed a strange thing. I can find Apple Loops and play them in the Loop Browser, but when I look in the Apple Loops folders I can't find them. When I do a search in the finder window, they can't be found, either. I put '80s dance bass synth' into the Loop Browser and it shows me 80s Dance Bass Synth 11-28. When I put the same search string into the finder window it shows me 80s Dance Bass Synth 1 - 10 and doesn't see 11 - 28. I don't have any Apple Loops in my user Library. Do you have any idea what's going on?
  • Christian L
    Hi jmunsen, The 80s Dance Bass Synth 01-10 and 11-28 are located in different location. On my system, these files are located as follow : the 80s Dance Bass Synth 01-10 are be located in HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for GarageBand/ the 80s Dance Bass 11-28 are be located in HD/Application Support/Apple Loops/Apple Loops for GarageBand Jam Pack/ These locations could be different on your system, depending on how you installed the loop. When you use Spotlight, did you click on "Show All" ? Spotlight should be able to find all loops. Try entering the complete file name, with the ending number. Take care!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: