macProVideo.com
Forums
  • AbbeyRhodes
    Ultrabeat Problem
    Having a problem with Ultrabeat that i can't for the life of me figure out. If i'm using Ultrabeat in a project, it resets the settings of each voice everytime i close and reopen a project. If i'm using a preset kit, eg trip hop remix kit, after closing the project and reopening it, all voices now sound like standard drum sounds, like the studio tight kit sounds. The preset display still says trip hop remix kit and each voice has the same name on the left, but the oscillator displays all have different settings. I have to go back into the preset menu and reload the kit. Then it works again The other related issue is that if i save a new preset (say if i tweak one of the preset kits), then just reload the preset i just saved, all of the voices revert back to unprocessed samples (ie the studio tight kit sounds). Essentially i can't save my own presets and have to go reload the preset kit i was using and reapply all of the tweaks i made to each voice, every time i reopen a project. I've tried checking the copy ultrabeat samples to project folder. That didn't do anything.
  • Christian L
    Re: Ultrabeat Problem
    Hi Fusilli, Did you update to Logic 8.0.1 ? I know this update solved a few issue with Ultrabeat. Let me know. Christian
  • AbbeyRhodes
    Everything is updated to the latest. I've been looking around on a few other forums and have found others who are experiencing the same problems. It just seems to affect some people and not others, and nobody knows any solution. Strange but unless it is fixed i might have to consider getting Battery or something, because it's taking too much time needing to change all the settings back to how they were every time i open. btw i managed to get the padkontroller hooked up, it was pretty simple, just patched it directly into ultrabeat from the physical input in the environment. And yep i checked that it wasn't actually causing the problem i'm getting above.
  • steveH
    This is a known bug. It seems to work fine with macbooks... but not with macpros.
  • AbbeyRhodes
    Hah! I figured out a solution! It's so simple that i can't believe i never tried it. The multi output version of ultrabeat somehow doesn't suffer from this bug. So i'm using it from now on.
  • Christian L
    [quote:40507]Hah! I figured out a solution! It's so simple that i can't believe i never tried it. The multi output version of ultrabeat somehow doesn't suffer from this bug. So i'm using it from now on. [/quote] Wow! I don't suffer from this problem because I'm still on a G5 but thanks for sharing this tip! You should post this on the Apple discussions forum. I read that some other users are having this problem. Thanks again!
  • steveH
    Awesome!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: